63 4 speed Lark on CL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 4 speed Lark on CL

$2,500.00 seems like a good asking price for this car, not mine.http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/4933573100.html

If I wasn't closing on a new house today I would be on the phone with him.
    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Perhaps this might have a JT (either R1 or R2) engine in it? I know it's a 2 barrel, but it does have chrome valve covers, and when I blew up the picture it looks like the valley cover may be plated where dirt/grease has been rubbed off. Also, there is a black hose coming up from the passenger side of the engine and going up behind the carb (see circled area in pic below) - could this be coming up from a R1/R2 oil pan breather? The ad doesn't give a serial number, so we can't check it against the Jet Thrust list.......but maybe, just maybe, this could be a R1 or R2 Lark??

Click image for larger version

Name:	Engine.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	1695920

MORE COMMENTS: After blowing the picture up even more (gosh I miss my Microsoft Picture Manager....darn Windows 8.1!) it sort of looks like that black hose loops over the engine to the drivers side? But it does look like a chrome dipstick too.

Still probably worth a look for someone close.
      Last edited by r1lark; 03-17-2015, 09:22 AM. Reason: more comments
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

No shortage of Oklahoma forum members who could give this an "eyeball" report. Who'll step up?
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Is it a R Series Engine Oil pan breather Hose or a misrouted cut off Heater Hose? The semi chrome looking Valve Covers and chrome dipstick COULD be a dress up Kit, or just a Chrome Dipstick OR a real R1 or R2 Engine, the 2 Brl. sure makes you think NO, but it's anybody's guess now.

Notice that the Hot output Heater Hose hole on the right side of the Water Manifold is plugged so unless they used the Left side hole used for A/C, it has no working Climatizer. This MAY explain away the hose that looks like a Crankcase breather hose.

At that price it would be a deal with a 170 Six! But a V8 4 Speed Daytona? Yep, a no brainer!
          Last edited by StudeRich; 03-17-2015, 09:42 AM.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

If it is an original four speed car, that's a pretty nice car with any V8!

Comment

I am surprised it is still there !
              I f I had money for the car and Divorce attorney, I would be on my way to OK !

Comment

I wish! I would love to have that car.. Why cant I find deals like this in MN? Stupid rust belt..

Comment

Nice car for the money.

I'm always amazed when I find a 2-bbl 4-speed car or a 2-bbl GT. In fact, I'm surprised Stude didn't build 2-bbl 259" Avanti, cause there would have been some CASO who'd have bought one if it were $20 less.

jack vines

Why cant I find deals like this in MN? Stupid rust belt..
                  For those of us who don't live in MN, the question is how they keep people living there without a fence around it. ;>)
                  PackardV8

Comment

Good one Jack! I often wonder that myself. I remember when Dad packed our stuff in the '51 Chevy in Feb. 1952 when I was 9, and said we're leaving this cold and snow behind and we headed for Sunny Southern Calif. leaving Detroit, MI far behind.
                    StudeRich

Comment

Are the valve covers chrome or is it silver paint? The radiator seems to be painted silver also.

Comment

Originally posted by JEWELL View Post
                        Are the valve covers chrome or is it silver paint? The radiator seems to be painted silver also.

They could be either, but does it really matter?
                        StudeRich

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
                          Nice car for the money.

I'm always amazed when I find a 2-bbl 4-speed car or a 2-bbl GT. In fact, I'm surprised Stude didn't build 2-bbl 259" Avanti, cause there would have been some CASO who'd have bought one if it were $20 less.

jack vines

For those of us who don't live in MN, the question is how they keep people living there without a fence around it. ;>)
                          LOL, I often wonder why I am still here. I think I enjoy the summer so much that I forget to high tail out before winter hits! In reality, I have been looking for out of state work. Hopefully this will be the year.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                            They could be either, but does it really matter?
                            Nope, not at all. Still a very nice car.

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
                              Nice car for the money.

jack vines
                              Speaking of CASO..

4 speed with a 259, 2bbl, single exhaust, but with hill holder, tinted glass and AC..

Gas Monkey 62 for 10,000
                              http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/4935974500.html

Comment

Working...
                              X