Old Cars Weekly articles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Cars Weekly articles

Diego Rosenberg's nice article on the 2007 Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race is now posted on the Old Cars Weekly website. There are several positive Studebaker citations and photos. With all the discussion of late about copyright laws, I'll not post a link. Rather, just go to the Old Cars Weekly website and scroll down to Diego's article, "Not a Drag." Nicely done.

Also, further down, is a story with photos of a 1970 Malibu SS 396 on which the owner had reportedly spent $100,000 for a perfect restoration...and had several first place trophies to prove it. The article doesn't explain exactly how it happened, but the story indicates the Malibu rolled down a boat ramp and was photographed from several angles with only the roof and deck lid protruding from the water. [:0] OOPS. [}] BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Thanks Bob, here's the link:

http://www.oldcarsweekly.com/Default...9#1519Articles

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54,758.75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,439.30
    63 Lark 2 door
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks Bob, here's the link:

http://www.oldcarsweekly.com/Default...9#1519Articles

JDP/Maryland
      63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
      spent to date $54,758.75
      64 R2 GT (Sid)
      spent to date $62,439.30
      63 Lark 2 door
      52 Starliner
      51 Commander
      39 Coupe express
      39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks, John.

If readers want to see the Malibu boat article I referenced, do this:

After reading Diego's drags article, go to the tool bar above his article and click on STORIES. From that drop-down menu, click on OCW ARTICLES. Then scroll down once the articles appear. You'll likely recognize a mostly-submerged white 1970 Malibu SS with blue stripes when you get to it! BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks, John.

If readers want to see the Malibu boat article I referenced, do this:

After reading Diego's drags article, go to the tool bar above his article and click on STORIES. From that drop-down menu, click on OCW ARTICLES. Then scroll down once the articles appear. You'll likely recognize a mostly-submerged white 1970 Malibu SS with blue stripes when you get to it! BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Great article!

I've said it before, but that Martin, MI is ONE BEAUTIFUL TRACK [].

Seems like only a couple of months ago () we were there.

Here's Bob and his cuz' George trying to get just a few more HP out of the Tomato at the race in Martin immediately following the International...

...and for those that haven't seen it, here's Ted takin' down a 440 6 pak at that race (note Ted's short shift to 4th when he realizes just how far he's leading by...and STILL turns a 13.4!)...

http://my.videoegg.com/video/dvtWeX

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Great article!

Seems like only a couple of months ago () we were there.

Here's Bob and his cuz' George trying to get just a few more HP out of the Tomato at the race in Martin immediately following the International...

...and for those that haven't seen it, here's Ted takin' down a 440 6 pak at that race (note Ted's short shift to 4th when he realizes just how far he's leading by...and STILL turns a 13.4!)...

http://my.videoegg.com/video/dvtWeX

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

SHHHH! We were adjusting the nitrous valve orifice, Dick. [:0][^] BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

SHHHH! We were adjusting the nitrous valve orifice, Dick. [:0][^] BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

Great article!

'Careful, Dick; Diego's article is about the fall event at The Mid-Michigan Motorplex in Stanton MI, not the Knoll Park(?) Motorsports Dragway in Martin MI to which you refer. (You're right, though; Martin is one gorgeous facility.)

It's probably a little cold to be running up there today, though, at either place. Sigh. [V] BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

Great article!

'Careful, Dick; Diego's article is about the fall event at The Mid-Michigan Motorplex in Stanton MI, not the Knoll Park(?) Motorsports Dragway in Martin MI to which you refer. (You're right, though; Martin is one gorgeous facility.)

It's probably a little cold to be running up there today, though, at either place. Sigh. [V] BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

'Careful, Dick; Diego's article is about the fall event at The Mid-Michigan Motorplex in Stanton MI, not the Knoll Park(?) Motorsports Dragway in Martin MI to which you refer.
                        Whoops...I need to get out more [B)]

quote:
                        It's probably a little cold to be running up there today,
                        ...but GREAT density altitude []

Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

'Careful, Dick; Diego's article is about the fall event at The Mid-Michigan Motorplex in Stanton MI, not the Knoll Park(?) Motorsports Dragway in Martin MI to which you refer.
                          Whoops...I need to get out more [B)]

quote:
                          It's probably a little cold to be running up there today,
                          ...but GREAT density altitude []

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

It's finally on the OCW site? Sweeetttttt
                            It was a nice read in the magazine, and we got mention more than once.

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                            1950 Studebaker 2R5 with 170 turbocharged
                            [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00003.jpg?t=1171152673[/img=left]
                            [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00009.jpg?t=1171153019[/img=right]
                            [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00002.jpg?t=1171153180[/img=left]
                            [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
                            1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                            1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                            1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

It's finally on the OCW site? Sweeetttttt
                              It was a nice read in the magazine, and we got mention more than once.

1950 Studebaker 2R5 with 170 turbocharged
                              [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00003.jpg?t=1171152673[/img=left]
                              [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00009.jpg?t=1171153019[/img=right]
                              [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00002.jpg?t=1171153180[/img=left]
                              [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
                              1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                              1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                              1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Working...
                              X