Studebaker: Best in Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker: Best in Class

For the 2nd year in a row, a Studebaker took top honors in the American Production class at the Amelia Island Concours d'elegance. This year, Joe Parson's 1958 Golden Hawk won best in class. Last year, Dave Kinney's '63 Avanti, R-1002, was best in the same class.

Lew Schucart
    Editor, Avanti Magazine

Congratulations, Mr. Parson!

Mark L
    Mark L

Comment

I can see why, it's more than just stunning. Great 58 colors.
      101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

I've always admired Joe's '58 Golden.....His Hawk has the ultimate 1958 Studebaker paint combo! (IMHO) Way to go Joe!

Comment

Now THAT is impressive! Congratulations, Joe. Cool beans. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

As great as these pictures are it is even more breathtaking in person. Congratulations Joe!
            Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Joe,
              Congratulations from your Aussie friends, Greta & Jim.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
              MELBOURNE.

Comment

Congratulations from your Canadian fans. Nice car, nice win.
                Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Beauty! Congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations, Well deserved.
                    Pat Dilling
                    Olivehurst, CA
                    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

What a beautiful car and color combination! Is this the same one from Classic Car? Question on authenticity. I was curious about the 15" wheels and covers on the car. I know some who venture to say ALL '58's had 14" wheels. Were 15" optional? It takes nothing away from the car with the 15" spoke caps. Super piece!!!!!!!
                      Rob in PA.

Comment

Something in the back of my mind tells me that the Packard Hawks had 14" wheels and the Golden Hawks had 15", is that right?

Yesterday, Lew Schucart posted pictures of the Golden Hawk on the Avanti Owners Facebook page and I made the comment that even in the picture, the color jumps right out at you. I hope to see the car in person. Truly a beautiful car, most likely far better than ever came off the production line.
                        sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

I would very much like to (eventually) do my Hawk in this colour, or close to it. What is this colour referred to as? Still available? Or is there a similar modern equivalent manufactured ? Quentin.

Comment

I would like to add that Chuck Baranosky of Corapolis Pa.{MOON Twp} is responsible for the restoration. cheers jimmijim
                            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Originally posted by Quentin View Post
                              I would very much like to (eventually) do my Hawk in this colour, or close to it. What is this colour referred to as? Still available? Or is there a similar modern equivalent manufactured ? Quentin.
                              Shadowtone Red/Parchment White. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ght=shadowtone

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X