X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Ranger Pickup?

Check this out:
    http://tinyurl.com/yoyf97

That Ranger box looks pretty good behind the Champ cab!

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

But it doesn't say STUDEBAKER across the tailgate.

Dean Croft
    Roseburg,OR

CLEM
    Dean

CLEM

Comment

But it doesn't say STUDEBAKER across the tailgate.

Dean Croft
      Roseburg,OR

CLEM
      Dean

CLEM

Comment

I'll have to agree with Todd on this one. If someone asked me how a Ranger box would look on a 1960 Champ... i'm not sure how positive my answer would be. Seeing that box on the truck though... that's a different story. It flows a lot better with the lines of that Stude than it has a right too! I do think it would be cool if the next owner of the truck grafted older fashioned tail lights into it, and had someone press Studebaker into the tailgate skin. [8D] It still looks great the way it is though. I bet it took a lot of junkyard hopping to find a bed that would flow well with that Champ. Hat's off to the builder.[^]

Chris Salisbury
        Hutto/Austin, TX

1958 Commander Starlight Hardtop

Comment

I'll have to agree with Todd on this one. If someone asked me how a Ranger box would look on a 1960 Champ... i'm not sure how positive my answer would be. Seeing that box on the truck though... that's a different story. It flows a lot better with the lines of that Stude than it has a right too! I do think it would be cool if the next owner of the truck grafted older fashioned tail lights into it, and had someone press Studebaker into the tailgate skin. [8D] It still looks great the way it is though. I bet it took a lot of junkyard hopping to find a bed that would flow well with that Champ. Hat's off to the builder.[^]

Chris Salisbury
          Hutto/Austin, TX

Comment

"THIS TRUCK ONLY HAS 000057 ACTUAL MILES" huh ??

JDP/Maryland
            63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
            spent to date $54,758.75
            64 R2 GT (Sid)
            spent to date $62,439.30
            63 Lark 2 door
            52 Starliner
            51 Commander
            39 Coupe express
            39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

JDP/Maryland
              63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
              spent to date $54,758.75
              64 R2 GT (Sid)
              spent to date $62,439.30
              63 Lark 2 door
              52 Starliner
              51 Commander
              39 Coupe express
              39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Especially since the drive train "only" has 34,000 on it.[?]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Especially since the drive train "only" has 34,000 on it.[?]

Comment

Is the "gap" between hood and grille normal for that years truck? Plus where is the interior?

Comment

Is the "gap" between hood and grille normal for that years truck? Plus where is the interior?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bondobilly

Well, he hasn't put in the a/c yet, so the interior is only part of the problem.

I think it looks good, and once entertained an idea of using a "Splash" bed on an M series.

Chris Pile
                        The Studebaker Special
                        Midway Chapter SDC
                        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bondobilly

Well, he hasn't put in the a/c yet, so the interior is only part of the problem.

I think it looks good, and once entertained an idea of using a "Splash" bed on an M series.

Chris Pile
                          The Studebaker Special
                          Midway Chapter SDC
                          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Geewhiz... the hood was probably left popped after he took the pic of the engine. I've done that one before and slapped myself on the forehead after I posted a car for sale.

Putting 2 and 2 together, he used the term "actual miles" incorrectly, and probably means that he's driven it 57 miles so far after the engine swap. Probably test and tune miles or like me, impatient gotta see what this thing can do miles.

The 34k miles on the engine probably means that he yanked it out of a late model car that had only 34k on the clock when it was wrecked.

Not sure if he'll get what he's asking but I still like it. I guess he could've gone into detail a bit more for some browsers. I know I would have just a little bit to avoid confusion.

Chris Salisbury
                            Hutto/Austin, TX

Comment

Geewhiz... the hood was probably left popped after he took the pic of the engine. I've done that one before and slapped myself on the forehead after I posted a car for sale.

Putting 2 and 2 together, he used the term "actual miles" incorrectly, and probably means that he's driven it 57 miles so far after the engine swap. Probably test and tune miles or like me, impatient gotta see what this thing can do miles.

The 34k miles on the engine probably means that he yanked it out of a late model car that had only 34k on the clock when it was wrecked.

Not sure if he'll get what he's asking but I still like it. I guess he could've gone into detail a bit more for some browsers. I know I would have just a little bit to avoid confusion.

Chris Salisbury
                              Hutto/Austin, TX

Comment

Working...
                              X