Interesting car registration numbers in Missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting car registration numbers in Missouri

It might interest some to know that as of the beginning of this year there are 774 Studebaker vehicles registered in Missouri. Of those, 576 are cars, 196 are trucks and 2 are trailers.
    http://dor.mo.gov/publicreports/DI50...e_kov_tots.txt

I think I'll try to find numbers from other states.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Interesting stuff, I am amazed at all the Brands they allowed people to register Trailers as, it looks like more Brands than any other vehicle and they total over a Million 1,080,718 Trailers! There are "Home" probably for Home Built, but I wonder if some are Last Names of Owners?

Missourians must be true Americans! There are higher numbers of Buicks, Chryslers and Pontiacs than Mazda, Hyundai and Kia.

Not the kind of numbers you will see in other places like Calif. that's for sure.

I could not find any Avantis, you would think there would be a few Avanti Motors Corp. Cars!
    Last edited by StudeRich; 03-12-2015, 09:51 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I believe there is a note that says any makes with under a certain number of registration are lumped together under "REST".
      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
        I believe there is a note that says any makes with under a certain number of registration are lumped together under "REST".
        That is true, but they are in the Listing breakdowns as well.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Now, what percentage of that 774 can you get to come to the SDC International? 10% would probably be good.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            Now, what percentage of that 774 can you get to come to the SDC International? 10% would probably be good.
            Perhaps a member or two who arrives 'Stude-less' to the meet can assist locals who have more than one. At a zone meet several years ago, myself and a couple of other members went to one of the host chapter member's farm and drove his other running cars to the meet hotel for the weekend.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
              Perhaps a member or two who arrives 'Stude-less' to the meet can assist locals who have more than one. At a zone meet several years ago, myself and a couple of other members went to one of the host chapter member's farm and drove his other running cars to the meet hotel for the weekend.

Craig
              That is an interesting idea. Many would not want someone that they do not know driving their cars.
              Once, Cathy and I drove four of our Studebakers to a meet. It took a lot of round trips gaining one car each way each time.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
              X