Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Los Angeles chapter 30th annual Winter Meet this Sunday!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StudeDave57
    replied
    Well sometimes my best laid plans take a turn, and today was a perfect example of that...
    A trip to reward myself after the long process of helping my Mom prepare my Grandparent's old house for the market turned into quite the fiasco. So- a Mom, her dog, my brother, his wife, their two dogs, and two vehicles later- we hit the road from here (Westchester- near LAX) at about 11:30. Or was it Noon? I don't know, but it was later then I had planned when it was just me, myself and I making the trip. Knowing the drive time I didn't expect to see much of the StudeShow, and boy I was right. We did get to see quite a few of the Studes (and tractors) from the Subway parking lot as they all were driving away. Sorry I missed you folks who were there. Maybe we'll get a chance to catch up at La Palma...?

What I did get to see was pretty sweet!!! Besides the aforementioned train display, which I loved looking at, there were quite a few Studes in the museum to check out. I have some photos, but I'll need to recharge my camera's battery before I can post them. I didn't take pics of the many Avantis (I think there were THREE of them!?!?) in the museum, but I DID get several photos of the Indy Car. Yes- I am fairly sure it was #18. I believe one of the TWO Wagonaires in/at the museum is the one from the Peterson- as was the AWESOME 'RV' that used to reside in their parking garage. Sad story 'bout that museum, BTW. But anyway- despite the long drive out, and the even loonger drive back- I think a good time was had by all.

I wonder if I'll be back for their vintage camper/RV show in June?
    Rumor has it Nelly would NOT be the only '50s bus RV conversion there...

StudeDave '57

Leave a comment:

• studebaker of lompoc
    replied
    My wife,daughter in law,son and twin grand babies went and we had a great time!!! I met some stude people i havent seen in 35 plus years. The train layout was outstanding. My 21 month old grandson was mesmorized and was not happy when we left the trains to look at the cars. We will definetly be back next year!

Leave a comment:

• Warren Webb
    replied
    Yeah, I'm home. No fancy do-hickies here, LOL. I was wondering if Dave was coming or not being I looked for him but didn't see him. He'll really like that train layout that's there. It's over 1800 sq. ft. in size set in a huge horseshoe arrangement. Very impressive. There was also a few farm tractors in a line. I didn't count how many but I'd guess 10 or so. One was an Oliver. I'd never seen one before. A couple others had flathead Ford V-8 conversion's in them, not the V-8 60 type either, but the full size flatheads & another had a GM V-6. I'm sure someone will post pictures. I don't know if the Petersen will have it's remodel done for next years show. If not, the Murphy is quite the place. The only suggestion I'd have is seeing if the vacant lot next door could be mowed & used for parking.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Are you home already at 3:08 Warren? Or you got one of those fancy do-hickies that can do Internet from a Phone for gosh sakes!

If you hang around long enough you may see my Son Dave, he will be arriving late.

Leave a comment:

• Warren Webb
    replied
    It was great to meet Anne & her husband David. What a great turnout there was & what a surprise to meet Vince Granatelli along with Andy's wife, Dolly. The cars too seem to get better every year but inside the museum was one of the factory race cars from the 1932 Indy 500. Number 18 if my memory hasn't failed yet. I mentioned to Vince if seeing all these Avanti's brought back memories of the Santa Monica shop on Olympic & he smiled. Worth the almost 300 mile round trip? You Bet!!

Leave a comment:

• brngarage
    replied
    See you there Stude Dave 57 and Warren, bring some water and drive a little slower. We would really like to see you there!

Leave a comment:

• alaipairod
    replied
    Looking forward to meeting you Anne.
    The train layout is a must see.
    ..........Gonna be a great day............

Leave a comment:

• Anne F. Goodman
    replied
    We will be there in The GoldenHawk

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    At first I was unsure of being able to attend. But this Sunday we have to not be here due to an open house. Add to that the fact that they have an HO train display-- there's a much better chance I will be there!!!

Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post
    I was hoping the 62 Champ would make the trip but it still has an overheating problem.
    Get to work on it- with the record-breaking heat we're going to have down here in SoCal this weekend- it'll be an AWESOME test as to if your fix was successful or not...

StudeDave '57

Leave a comment:

• brngarage
    replied
    We hope to see you Warren , whatever you drive!

Leave a comment:

• Warren Webb
    replied
    I was hoping the 62 Champ would make the trip but it still has an overheating problem. It's almost 140 mile trip for me each way. That makes it a bit difficult for me even though I can take the daily driver brand x.

Leave a comment:

• alaipairod
    replied
    Beings that we got an extra hour of daylight makes the trip to Murphy's Museum a more enjoyable trip.
    Beautiful weather, and beautiful Studebakers...........Can't get any better than that.

Leave a comment:

• brngarage
    replied
    Aw c'mon Mike. It's not that far and you'll get to see a different museum as well as some different Studebakers.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Van Veghten
    replied
    I'm wimpen out this year. Too far away, uses up too much of the day.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Bullet
    replied
    Looking forward to it!

Mark

Leave a comment:

Working...
X