1910 Studebaker Electric...plastic kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1910 Studebaker Electric...plastic kit

I have never heard of this kit...a 1/32 Revell effort from the 50s.

http://www.oldmodelkits.com/index.ph...8918&cat=Civil Vehicle&searchtext=Studebaker&erl=Orange-Crush-Revell-1-32-1910-Studebaker-Cupe-Electro-Electric-Coupe
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Can make a nice looking car when complete with a little attention to detail.
    It was re-released in the 90's. On eBay often.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Comment

I grabbed one of those in a hobby shop in Virginia for a couple of dollars years ago. The way it is made makes it difficult to assemble without seams. I keep putting off the build.
      sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

You can cut off the roof and make a roadster. I've seen this done and makes another variation for the collection
        Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO

Comment

What I suspect was the original kit was black. I had one.

Comment

The one I have is molded in green and is part of the Highway Pioneers series which included other very early American cars. I don't know if the kit was released earlier in a different form.
            sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

The Highway Pioneers were the earliest model kits made by Revell and date back to the early 50's. They were based on tooling from Gowland & Gowlwnd, an English toy company. Apparently, Revell had more success with them than Gowland did so they added more models to the lineup. They have been released many times over the years - often by companies other than Revell. I have one that I may build someday. They are easy to build but they are difficult to build well.
              Manuel J. Martinez
              Baton Rouge, LA

Comment

Working...
              X