Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From the archives #149 (M Series milk truck)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the archives #149 (M Series milk truck)

In 1941 William Colteryahn wanted the snazziest looking milk truck in Pittsburgh, PA so bought a new Studebaker M15 and had a special body built. Would be nice to see it in color. The Dayton wheels and caps were unique to the 1941-42 models and are quite rare.

Click image for larger version

Name:	m series milk truck copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	1746452
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

I wonder if it was Mr. Colteryahn or his sons that was the driving force behind the purchase of this truck?
    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

there was a milk truck at the '06 National Meet in Omaha..I've got a picture of the side of it from across the parking lot..Unable to tell if it is an M series. (Sorry picture really not worth posting, maybe someone has a better shot of it.)
      sigpic

Comment

Here's that milk truck from the Omaha meet...

It was a beautiful truck. However, the Dayton wheels shown in Richard's picture are to die for!
        Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Yep, same truck I saw in 2008: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ighlight=frogs

Craig

Comment

There's an M milk truck for sale near me. It has no floor but otherwise complete. If interested I could get some pics when the snow is gone but last time I spoke to the owner he was dreaming on the price.
            Rob in PA.

Comment

I have to confess that it brings to mind the ol' Divco milk truck we converted to a floor-cleaners' vehicle when I was moonlighting at a couple part-time jobs while an undergrad. I'd not thought of that thing for decades!!! Thanks for the (inadvertent) memories!!!

Comment

Milk Truck . ! . . Was doing some digging last year and had to work around this abandoned heap ..........

Comment

Working...
                X