55 speedster sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55 speedster sale

I have a 55 speedster that i restored in 2007 to a street rod class and i need to sell the old boy. At this point i'm asking for offers for a quick sale. Delivery is up to the buyer. I'm not very good at forum stuff so if you prefer get me with e-mail forrestecomer@hotmail.com

asking $25,000.00
    VIN # 7163141
    MOD # 6HK7 NO 1152
    Attached Files
    Last edited by forrest; 03-10-2015, 09:10 PM. Reason: CONFUSION AMONG THE NA SAYERS

Looks exceptional.

Comment

Beautiful President Speedster, and I really like what you did with the interior! (Could you post serial and body #'s for the Speedster roster?) Thanks!

Comment

I like the idea of the nice cover over the front terminal block.
        Could you at least give us your asking price? This may eliminate some and also cause interest among some others. Many people will not respond to "make offer" ads.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Real or clone? Numbers!!

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            I like the idea of the nice cover over the front terminal block.
            Could you at least give us your asking price? This may eliminate some and also cause interest among some others. Many people will not respond to "make offer" ads.
            It's called, "Qualifying" the potential buyer. It also works both ways...to qualify you as a serious/reasonable seller. For once, I'm not trying to be a smart a**, but just practical.

This could be a fun ride for the right person. Good luck.
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

No wire wheel covers, no fog lights, no front door ash trays, no leather, incorrect steering wheel and shouldn't the windshield interior molding be stainless? Numbers not forthcoming. I'm skeptical. Prove me wrong---it's always good to know another one lives!!!

Comment

Well, there is enough Speedster specific detail there to suggest it started life as a K7. After 60 years and a few re-births, it's gonna have some detail issues. It could be brought back, but why do it? I'd drive her as she is and enjoy it.
                Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

A dash, roof band and badging? If that's the case I have a Speedster in my storage unit. I'm not knocking the car--just hate to see someone buy something that isn't what it is purported to be. Can be settled easily---vin!!!

Comment

OP did say it was hotrod class. If you were just building a rod why go with the Speedster specific dash? I know a few Speedsters that are never gonna be restored, but could be brought back to life as a driver or a rod.

Comment

I am uncomfortable with how we sometimes, so publicly, are quick to question the sincerity, integrity, and honesty, of a fellow forum member. Especially, when they have few posts. I know of several SDC members, who have had terrible early responses to posts here and never returned. Even if they come here, as I did, not understanding the scope and purpose of the forum (or any forum), we should be considerate. If you would take the time to search, you will see that the OP of this thread came here seeking help with his transmission, and other parts associated with this car.

From the get-go, he has never wavered from his belief that he has a Speedster, and that was well before there was any attempt to sell it. In the long running thread, "Counting Speedsters"(Post#274) he posted the following...

12-09-2014, 08:52 PM #274
                      forrest

Commander Member Join DateAug 2005LocationPalmdale, Ca., USA.Posts45

you most likely have mine it's yellow and green and drives like new except for the transmission not liking Reverse the ID number is 7163141 she's based here in Palmdale Ca.

I would like for us, as a group, to make a special effort, to give fellow members the benefit of the doubt, especially if their post numbers reveal they don't "live on the forum." A courtesy private message, if you feel the need to question, would be the way to proceed. Give the poster an opportunity to check and make any necessary corrections himself. This poster, has been open enough to include his private e mail in some of his previous posts. I'm directing this little rant at myself as well as the forum members in general.

Thinking back to the early days, when we had the slogan, "WE'D RATHER FIX THAN SWITCH"...were days when all us Studebaker folks were on the defensive...we, as our members decline and die off, need to pull together. From those humble days, the last thing we want to project, is an atmosphere of "Know-it-all" snobs.

In my barn, sits an unrestored 1955 President B pillar coupe. Almost every (non-Stude) person who sees it, for the first time, has blurted out, "WOW! Is that a Speedster?" (And even some SDC members)

As I type this, I've noticed that forest has not responded, since his initial post. I hope he will. We don't need to keep driving people away.
                      John Clary
                      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Right on, John. Nobody's selling anything but a nice rod class driver and we have another sweet 55 to look at. Caught my eye, for sure.

Comment

Thank you John. I am getting ready to list my 1950 Commander and it would be good to know I could come back to the Forum and not see a lot of negative speculation or opinions posted here. I will take care to list as much information and numbers as a I can to answer most questions before they are asked.
                          Ed Sallia
                          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Your car is beautiful, and I'd love to own it, but unfortunately am "Studebaker poor" at this point, with three Hawks to care-give and feed.
                            Again, beautiful car

Comment

Originally posted by plum55 View Post
                              No wire wheel covers, no fog lights, no front door ash trays, no leather, incorrect steering wheel and shouldn't the windshield interior molding be stainless? Numbers not forthcoming. I'm skeptical. Prove me wrong---it's always good to know another one lives!!!
                              Hello? Earth to Plum55, he did say he'd restored it to a street rod class. Street rods are rarely examples that one would take to a concurs. Post some pictures of your car please so Forest can return the favor and pick it apart.
                              Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
                              Kenmore, Washington
                              hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
                              '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
                              '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
                              '69 Pontiac Firebird
                              (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Working...
                              X