63r2214

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63r2214

I would like to introduce you to my 1963 Avanti. She was "RESTORED" by one Mr. John McCall over a long period of time. Mr. McCall formerly lived in Grandview Mo. and worked for Mr. Don Armacost in his restoration shop. R2214 required a new top, new door and a partial left quarter, and a new drivers seat. I supplied NOS parts as well as extras to complete her restoration. Several years ago John ceased working for Mr. Armacost and moved out of state. I finally got my Avanti home after much wrangling. John apparently thought that she looked better in her current state of dress as all of her usable parts were taken off. She doesn't look too good this way does she? If you know Mr. McCall, he sometimes vends antique Studebaker parts along with family members, please remind him that the SDC does not tolerate thieves and the missing parts from Avanti 63R2214 might be considered as such if they are not returned to their rightful owner. I did retain possession of the engine and transmission. Thanks, if you can help.
    Stude Rookie.Click image for larger version

Name:	1963 Avanti 007.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	1746410Click image for larger version

Name:	1963 Avanti 006.jpg
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	1746411Click image for larger version

Name:	1963 Avanti 005.jpg
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	1746412Click image for larger version

Name:	1963 Avanti 004.jpg
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	1746413Click image for larger version

Name:	1963 Avanti 003.jpg
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	1746414Click image for larger version

Name:	1963 Avanti 002.jpg
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	1746415Click image for larger version

Name:	1963 Avanti 001.jpg
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	1746416

Oh my goodness. I really don't know what to say. I wish you the best of luck...
    Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
    1958 Commander "Christine"
    1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
    1955 Commander Sedan
    1964 Champ
    1960 Lark

Comment

Whew!

Looks like, besides making the car look better in his eyes, the sales of parts from your car probably helped someone pay his bills. Is this gentelman currently a vendor at York or on the swap page or TW? If so, we're probably going to have to delete this thread?
      Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
      Kenmore, Washington
      hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
      '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
      '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
      '69 Pontiac Firebird
      (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

That's terrible, it now looks like it would be a much better Parts Car than a "Builder".

Very sorry to hear that.

You might find this interesting:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...-vinyl-at-York

In Post #8, Mr. Stratton got ripped almost as bad as you did, somewhere else and probably by a different individual, but who knows.
        Last edited by StudeRich; 03-03-2015, 11:40 AM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by hausdok View Post
          Whew!

Looks like, besides making the car look better in his eyes, the sales of parts from your car probably helped someone pay his bills. Is this gentelman currently a vendor at York or on the swap page or TW? If so, we're probably going to have to delete this thread?
          He may or may not be a vendor at York at this time. I believe his new home base is in Ohio but his parents live in an upper east coast state, Connecticut maybe. Please explain why this post would have to be deleted. I do not understand.
          Stude Rookie

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            That's terrible, it now looks like it would be a much better Parts Car than a "Builder".

Very sorry to hear that.

You might find this interesting:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...-vinyl-at-York

In Post #8, Mr. Stratton got ripped almost as bad as you did, somewhere else and probably by a different individual, but who knows.
            StudeRich, thanks for the input. I suppose there are some people who would buy from less than ethical sellers.

Comment

If you are a member of SDC I suggest you contact Robert Halgren as I believe he handles such issues for SDC
              Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
              1961 Hawk 4-speed
              1967 Avanti
              1961 Lark 2 door
              1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

The way you have presented the facts would suggest this is a police matter...are they able help out?
                sigpic
                1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by unclemiltie View Post
                  If you are a member of SDC I suggest you contact Robert Halgren as I believe he handles such issues for SDC
                  That would only apply if the transaction was due to something in SDC, like an advertisement in "Turning Wheels".
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...rms-of-Service

Discussion and Conduct Policy:

• Disputes or personal issues with vendors or other Forum members are not to be discussed on this Forum. Doing so will result in the discussion being locked or deleted at the Administrator's or Moderator's discretion.

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                      http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...rms-of-Service

Discussion and Conduct Policy:

• Disputes or personal issues with vendors or other Forum members are not to be discussed on this Forum. Doing so will result in the discussion being locked or deleted at the Administrator's or Moderator's discretion.

DEEPNHOCK if this thread has offended anyone, I apologize. I do not know the Administrator or the Moderator but if they feel the need to end this thread, then let it be so. I am a 70 year old Marine and VietNam vet. Mr. Charles took a bigger bite out of me than a little hand slap so not to worry, I will not cry. I was merely trying to inform forum members of possible misbehavior.
                      Stude Rookie

Comment

This would be an entertaining Judge Judy case...'cept her maximum award is only five grand.

I hate to see such reports. For the most part, my experience with fellow SDC members has been very positive. However, we are not perfect, and situations like this are important to keep us aware that we must be alert to those inclined to misbehave. I know of one, once well respected member, that fell into misfortune, disappointed his customers, and ruined his dependable reputation. It is sad.

It is one reason, I've done my best, to do most of my work. That way, I only have to look in a mirror to chew out the sorry fella doing shoddy work on my restoration.
                        John Clary
                        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I was not, and am not, offended.
                          Just pointing out that there are forum rules, and shared the rule with you.
                          If your post had 'just disappeared', you might not have known why.
                          I am not a moderator (nor want to be), so I have no say in the matter.

Originally posted by Stude Rookie View Post
                          DEEPNHOCK if this thread has offended anyone, I apologize. I do not know the Administrator or the Moderator but if they feel the need to end this thread, then let it be so. I am a 70 year old Marine and VietNam vet. Mr. Charles took a bigger bite out of me than a little hand slap so not to worry, I will not cry. I was merely trying to inform forum members of possible misbehavior.
                          Stude Rookie
                          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

What makes one a "vendor" - paying for a table at a swap meet? How do you know if the individual who rips you off is a forum member? When individuals exhibit unprofessional and/or unlawful behavior and rip others off by taking money and not providing the items and services promised, not just once but over and over, as this individual has, the membership has a right to be warned. This is not the first time this name and questionable circumstance have appeared together. I hope there is some legal action to follow to stop this. Unfortunately, as he probably has no resources, the value of the parts is likely lost.
                            Certainly, there are many in the Studebaker community who know about this behavior. I don't understand why it is tolerated.
                            The only way I can think of to help is to boycott his products and prohibit vending at Studebaker meets until Stude Rookie has been made whole.

Comment

Just do a google search for John McCall and you will find many good comments but also very bad comments on John.
                              He has done some very unprofessional dealings with people and is banned from advertising by some clubs.
                              Robert Kapteyn

Comment

Working...
                              X