• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigfun in McPherson Meet pics

A little late in coming, but here are the cars that where there
    on 10/13/07.
    http://rides.webshots.com/album/561186845FKnzAR?start=0

Malcom

Good stuff - we sure had fun, didn't we?

Chris Pile
    The Studebaker Special
    Midway Chapter SDC
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Good stuff - we sure had fun, didn't we?

Chris Pile
      The Studebaker Special
      Midway Chapter SDC
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

The pictures are really nice. McPherson was a good meet. I noticed that some of the pictures had the wrong names on them. The blue Avanti II is not Larry Briggs. It is Terry & Sue Keith. Larry's is the dark blue(looks black)one. Maybe this can be corrected. Otherwise, good job!

Comment

The pictures are really nice. McPherson was a good meet. I noticed that some of the pictures had the wrong names on them. The blue Avanti II is not Larry Briggs. It is Terry & Sue Keith. Larry's is the dark blue(looks black)one. Maybe this can be corrected. Otherwise, good job!

Comment

Malcolm, thanks for the great pictures. Being partial to '53 Commanders, I was really impressed with the Bartel's red and white one. My customized '53, named the Studebird, has the same color combination and I am hoping new paint job will turn out close to theirs. Visualize a shortened cab, extended trunk, and continental kit and you have a T-Bird profiled Studebaker. Hence the name Studebird. Pics coming when restoration work is finished in December or January. Thanks again!

Tim in Yuma, AZ
            Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom and '63 Avanti in Yuma, AZ
            https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/always-ahead

Comment

Malcolm, thanks for the great pictures. Being partial to '53 Commanders, I was really impressed with the Bartel's red and white one. My customized '53, named the Studebird, has the same color combination and I am hoping new paint job will turn out close to theirs. Visualize a shortened cab, extended trunk, and continental kit and you have a T-Bird profiled Studebaker. Hence the name Studebird. Pics coming when restoration work is finished in December or January. Thanks again!

Tim in Yuma, AZ
              Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom and '63 Avanti in Yuma, AZ
              https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/always-ahead

Comment

Hi Tim, I'm building a Studebird as well and have called it the same. (I typed Studebird in my search engine and found your note) Mine's a '55 coupe and I'm using a '99 WS6 Firebird for donor car. I'm using the LS1 engine, 6 speed, rear disc brake axel (narrowed 10") & 12" front disc brakes all from the "bird". I'm even using the tires (16") off of the bird mounted on Torquethrust wheels. Up front is a Slick Street Stuff tubular A-arm rack and pinion steering suspension with air ride and spindles that fit the '99 bird brakes. The rear suspension is a self made triangulated 4 bar with air ride. Dakota digital gauges with custom made adapters to fit the stock dash (look like stock) and a Flaming River column on the inside. I'm just wrapping up the chassis work and will move on to body next. The body's good (CA car) so that won't be too bad to do. Hope to be on the road next summer. Keep us posted on your Studebird, sounds like a coor ride! Dale
                quote:Originally posted by paintim613

Tim in Yuma, AZ

Comment

Hi Tim, I'm building a Studebird as well and have called it the same. (I typed Studebird in my search engine and found your note) Mine's a '55 coupe and I'm using a '99 WS6 Firebird for donor car. I'm using the LS1 engine, 6 speed, rear disc brake axel (narrowed 10") & 12" front disc brakes all from the "bird". I'm even using the tires (16") off of the bird mounted on Torquethrust wheels. Up front is a Slick Street Stuff tubular A-arm rack and pinion steering suspension with air ride and spindles that fit the '99 bird brakes. The rear suspension is a self made triangulated 4 bar with air ride. Dakota digital gauges with custom made adapters to fit the stock dash (look like stock) and a Flaming River column on the inside. I'm just wrapping up the chassis work and will move on to body next. The body's good (CA car) so that won't be too bad to do. Hope to be on the road next summer. Keep us posted on your Studebird, sounds like a coor ride! Dale
                  quote:Originally posted by paintim613

Tim in Yuma, AZ

Comment

Thank you for posting the pictures.

Gary Sanders
                    Nixa, MO
                    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                    Gary Sanders
                    Nixa, MO

Comment

Thank you for posting the pictures.

Gary Sanders
                      Nixa, MO
                      President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                      Gary Sanders
                      Nixa, MO

Comment

Excellent! Gotta love that '57 Transtar.[]

<h5>Mark
                        '57 Transtar
                        3E-6/7-122
                        </h5>

Mark Hayden
                        '66 Commander
                        Zone Coordinator
                        Pacific Can-Am Zone