1964 colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 colors

I'm confused. Here is a paint code chart that shows Seabeach Sand as a 1964 color and it is not the only one to show it: http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/chipdisp...r&info=&page=4 . But I have never seen a 1964 car with this color. Does anyone have a photo of one? I know it was a 1963 Spring color, but more than one paint company is calling it a 1964 color. Was it really offered?
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

It is simple, the Page says it includes 1963 Spring Colors, 1964 Colors and '63-'64 Avanti Colors.

If you notice the Spring '63 RM Color Codes all have "63" as their first Numbers, the 1964 Colors have a "64" as the first Numbers, they combined them all.

Also there is a double asterisk note on all the '63 Spring Colors.

Red IRID Studebaker P-6325 is actually '63 Super Red for Super Studebakers.

Rinshed Mason was not an aftermarket Paint Co. like Dupont, they were a Major Supplier of OEM Paints to Studebaker.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 03-02-2015, 11:59 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I was reading it to mean that these were 1964 colors and the colors introduced in Spring 1963 were continued for 1964. It's a valid way to read the chart, but I guess it is not what they meant.
      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
        I was reading it to mean that these were 1964 colors and the colors introduced in Spring 1963 were continued for 1964. It's a valid way to read the chart, but I guess it is not what they meant.
        That was true with the Avanti colors, but as Rich states, the three marked with the double asterisk (**) clearly indicate '1963 Studebaker Spring Colors Only'.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
          That was true with the Avanti colors, but as Rich states, the three marked with the double asterisk (**) clearly indicate '1963 Studebaker Spring Colors Only'.

Craig
          Again, I read the chart to mean that the "Spring colors only" mean they started offering them in the Spring (meaning you wouldn't find that on an earlier 1963 car), but it does not necessarily mean that the color was ONLY available in the Spring of 1963. It could still have meant it was started as an offering in the Spring of 1963 and was carried on. Since Studebaker had a tradition of introducing running changes to models irrespective of year, my interpretation of this chart is still completely valid, even if wrong.

Comment

Well just suffice it to mean, that there were no known '64's painted Super Red, Seabeach Sand or Seaspray Green.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

That explains why I never saw one! In fact it seems like seabeach sand was not popular in 1963, or being a Spring color means there were very few made. Seems like a lot of bother to offer a new color mid-season.

Comment

Working...
              X