63 GT on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 GT on ebay

This car has been on ebay before, is there a thread discussing it? If not, what do you see? I don't know enough about '63 Hawks to spot things that are incorrect and I am interested.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261793163133...:SS:SS:US:1120
    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
    50 Champion 2 door*
    53 Commander K Auto*
    53 Commander K overdrive*
    55 President Speedster
    62 GT 4Speed*
    63 Avanti R1*
    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Interesting they don't mention it is an R1, I would think folks who peddle collector cars would be proud to point that out. http://www.studebakergthawkregistry.ca/car/330 They spend more time cluttering up their auction page with terms, conditions and multiple pics of the same thing with a slightly different angle. Appears to be a nice, rust free car. No way to know what the reserve is but it looks like something I wouldn't mind owning!!

Comment

It's also painted generic non Stude flat lack under the hood. Not a big deal breaker, but it's a pet peeve of mine. [I have too many pets it seems]
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

There is at least one, probably more strings here about this Car, it has been for sale for quite a while as always happens when a Classic Car Dealer gets them with Grand Illusions of Camaro, GTO, Chevelle prices.

I remember the Authenticity of this Car being built with R1 Jet Thrust Engine Checked out, but the current Correct Engine Number I don't think was checked.

If you can deal with the unusual saddle Tan Interior which is a good color but, not so much with a not exact copy of the '64 Strato Blue which they want to call the original, available '63 Blue Mist, a much lighter, brighter color.

The previous owner sounds like someone who would care a lot about it's condition and maintenance.

This Car has a LOT going for it with; a Factory R1 Jet Thrust Engine, Four Speed, late '63 Production Parking Lights and Walnut look dash, also a Full Dash. All in all, a very nice GT Hawk.

Oh, the Black Paint is missing from the center and outer part of the Wheel Covers.

Not only do they apparently not know about the R1 Engine but also the Disc Brakes!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

The last time around , it was bid up to $12,600 with reserve not met.

Robert Kapteyn

Comment

I requested the engine # and got this reply

jti442

I am guessing that is JT I442
            Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
            50 Champion 2 door*
            53 Commander K Auto*
            53 Commander K overdrive*
            55 President Speedster
            62 GT 4Speed*
            63 Avanti R1*
            64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Originally posted by ddub View Post
              I requested the engine # and got this reply

jti442

I am guessing that is JT I442
              Had you taken time to read post #2 you would have already known that....http://www.studebakergthawkregistry.ca/car/330

Comment

It appears that either the Registry info is wrong, or the number Don was given by the seller is, 442 vs 1442.
                Maybe Bob P or one of the others with a copy of the Factory "R" Series Cars listing will verify if either is the Factory installed Engine.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

63V13115 was indeed shipped with R1 engine #JTI442.

It was a 4-speed with disc brakes, but no TT or HD Springs or Shocks. Too early to have been a full package Super Hawk, of course.

It was originally Blue Mist. BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                  "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                    It appears that either the Registry info is wrong, or the number Don was given by the seller is, 442 vs 1442.
                    Maybe Bob P or one of the others with a copy of the Factory "R" Series Cars listing will verify if either is the Factory installed Engine.
                    Per the production information I have for the '63 Jet Thrust cars, the GT Hawk, serial #63V-13115 is a factory R1 car, and came with engine # JT1442. Blue mist, disc brake, NO twin traction.
                    Eric DeRosa

\'49 2R-5 (original Survivor)
                    \'63 R2 Lark (the money-pit-mobile)
                    \'60 Lark Convertible (project in waiting)

Comment

63 GT for Sale

Originally posted by ddub View Post
                      This car has been on ebay before, is there a thread discussing it? If not, what do you see? I don't know enough about '63 Hawks to spot things that are incorrect and I am interested.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261793163133...:SS:SS:US:1120
                      Ask for undercarriage pics and interior trunk pics. It has been on ebay repetedly for a reason

Comment

Working...
                      X