Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turning Wheels Duplex Phaeton Article (1926)??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning Wheels Duplex Phaeton Article (1926)??

It seems like there was an article in Turning Wheels about the 1920's Duplex Phaetons. I checked the TW index but did not find it, but it appears to only go up to about the year 2000. If anyone knows which issue it may have been in I would really appreciate it if you would list it for me. Thanks for your help!! Rob

Rob, I am no expert on cars of the 20s, but isn't a Duplex Phaeton a body style and not a model? As such, there would not be a separate entry in the Indexes any more than there would be an entry for convertibles or two-door sedans.

In what model are you looking for Duplex Phaeton body style information? I have Indexes through 2011, but cannot locate anything without more information as to what you're looking for. Thanks. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob, our car is 1926 EP big six. If I recall correctly, it seems like the article included a Studebaker add talking about how safe the car was in a roll over accident because of the steel roof. We have a car show in town this weekend and I was looking for more information on the car. Thank you so much for your help!! Rob

Comment

The March/April 2010 issue of ASC Review has articles on Duplex Phaetons and Roadsters.

Craig

Comment

Rob, I wrote a feature article about a member's 1925 Standard Six Duplex-Phaeton many years ago. The car belongs to Wayne Wilson of Manitoba, who is still a member and still has the car, according to my four-year-old SDC Roster. Perhaps someone on the Forum knows Wayne and can tell us about the current status of the car. It was a beautiful car when I drove it back in 1981. The article appeared in the April 1982 issue of Turning Wheels, and the car was featured on the cover. Some original factory literature about the car was printed with the article.

George
          george krem

Comment

Rob: You are probably looking for the April and May 2004 editions of Turning Wheels. Therein is the two-part Fred Fox feature article on Studebaker's 1918-1928 Big Six, with plenty of material on each body style. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by R3 challenger View Post
              Perhaps someone on the Forum knows Wayne and can tell us about the current status of the car. It was a beautiful car when I drove it back in 1981.
              I posted a photo of that car here ----> http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ht=1925+duplex which I took in 1995 at the Zone Meet.

Craig

Comment

Thanks guys!! You have been a big help!! I was able to find everything except the March/April 2010 issue of ASC Review. I had been a member of ASC but had dropped it about then. Maybe I can find out if anyone here was a member then.

Thanks again!!

Rob
                wyostude@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                X