Dremel my Headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dremel my Headers

Here is the before and after for anyone else curious about what the heck everyone has been talking about.

Change the IMG to lower case letters or click on the yellow icon with the mountain on it and use the Photobucket direct link.

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

Change the IMG to lower case letters or click on the yellow icon with the mountain on it and use the Photobucket direct link.

Leonard Shepherd
      http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

Why would any "craftsman" allow work like that to leave their "shop"?

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

A Craftsman wouldn't. Problem is there are not many craftsman left......in any field.
            Russ
            quote:Originally posted by Guido

Russ Shop Foreman "Rusty Nut Garage"
            57 SH (project)
            60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
            53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
            57 SH (project)

Comment

A Craftsman wouldn't. Problem is there are not many craftsman left......in any field.
              Russ

Russ Shop Foreman "Rusty Nut Garage"
              57 SH (project)

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
              53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
              57 SH (project)

Comment

The key word is craftsman. Realy good quality work is extremely hard to get. Here is one explaination. Worker/Ownwer qoutes a price to do a job, gets about 1/3 way through, realized did not qoute enough, gets mad at everyone but himself, half as... finishes it and then complains to the customer he lost money. Happens alot in this day and time. There's no more "take pride in your work" it is "make money". That's why I find myself paying (sometimes a lot more) for a quality job and returning to that shop for more work. Excuss the rant but I am in the middle of this with my body shop. A shop I have known and used for the past ten years.

Comment

The key word is craftsman. Realy good quality work is extremely hard to get. Here is one explaination. Worker/Ownwer qoutes a price to do a job, gets about 1/3 way through, realized did not qoute enough, gets mad at everyone but himself, half as... finishes it and then complains to the customer he lost money. Happens alot in this day and time. There's no more "take pride in your work" it is "make money". That's why I find myself paying (sometimes a lot more) for a quality job and returning to that shop for more work. Excuss the rant but I am in the middle of this with my body shop. A shop I have known and used for the past ten years.

Comment

Actually, the several sets of original R-3/4 headers that I have had looked like that (the "before" picture).

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson
                    '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
                    '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
                    '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
                    Museum R-4 engine
                    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Actually, the several sets of original R-3/4 headers that I have had looked like that (the "before" picture).

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson
                      '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
                      '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
                      '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
                      Museum R-4 engine
                      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

You mean the stock ones (on top) looked like that?
                        Those are horrible.
                        The Dremeled one is not much better (but I consider what he had to work with).

Chris Pile
                        The Studebaker Special
                        Midway Chapter SDC
                        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Those are horrible.

Chris Pile
                          The Studebaker Special
                          Midway Chapter SDC
                          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Chris these are what looks to me like Lionel Stone repop R-3 manifolds.I had the same problem with the ones I have. It did not take me long to clean the casting flash like is shown here.The remaining divider piece belongs in there.
                            quote:Originally posted by Chris Pile

Those are horrible.

Chris Pile
                            The Studebaker Special
                            Midway Chapter SDC
                            Frank van Doorn
                            1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
                            1963 Daytona Conv
                            1941 Champion R-2 Rod
                            Frank van Doorn
                            Omaha, Ne.
                            1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                            1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                            1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Chris these are what looks to me like Lionel Stone repop R-3 manifolds.I had the same problem with the ones I have. It did not take me long to clean the casting flash like is shown here.The remaining divider piece belongs in there.
                              quote:Originally posted by Chris Pile

Those are horrible.

Chris Pile
                              The Studebaker Special
                              Midway Chapter SDC
                              Frank van Doorn
                              1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
                              1963 Daytona Conv
                              1941 Champion R-2 Rod
                              Frank van Doorn
                              Omaha, Ne.
                              1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                              1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                              1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Working...
                              X