Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some work to do (roller), but a rust-free body in California for $499? hmmmm....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some work to do (roller), but a rust-free body in California for $499? hmmmm....

A more-door, so maybe that's all it's worth sans motor and trans? No info on interior. No pix. Still intrigues me.

1964 studebaker commander - $499 (apple valley)

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/4887887686.html

1964 studebaker paint color : brown

64 commander 4 door no motor or trans, one dent in body, no rust, bill of sale. only thing I can find missing is hood hinges. Also have original hub caps. other than that would make a good rat rod or restomod $499 obo. NO trades.. call or text for pics and more info..

Oh, my. Bill of sale, no title. That does make it seem less of a deal. And, of course, God knows what the interior needs or what the frame is like.

Comment

Originally posted by drpreposterous View Post
      Oh, my. Bill of sale, no title. That does make it seem less of a deal. And, of course, God knows what the interior needs or what the frame is like.
      Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but, aren't there some areas/states that require a title even if you show up at a scrap yard? I know that, a couple of years ago, there was a movement here to require titles to scrap a vehicle after some people were arrested for snatching broken down vehicles off the interstates and selling them to scrap yards. If so, vehicles without legal paperwork, wouldn't be worth scrap prices.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

A new title is very easy to get in California. I've done it dozens of times when buying a car from a state where a title is not required. Easy paper work to do, or just call my DMV gal and have it done for a couple hundred bucks.
        I recently bought a 92 Jag convertible with $1200 back fees and a hand written bill of sale from the original owner to the guy I bought it from, and another hand written bill of sale from him to me. My DMV gal found that the car had a non-op put on it years ago, which saved the back fees, and got the title sent to me all cleared up.
        This one would be pretty easy. Just search the VIN at DMV and request a new title.
        sals54

Comment

That 64 with no pictures , engine, trans, title, and a 4 door doesn't sound like much of a deal to me, couple of hundred at best and was it a 6 or an 8 that makes a big difference with other items.
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Working...
          X