Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadioRoy
    replied
    There were lots of firewall heaters available in the 40's and 50's. They were sold by Sears, Firestone tire, Pep boys, and the like.

Leave a comment:

• junior
    replied
    this Vintage Air unit seems like a good alternative, fairly compact too, and probably do a better job of keeping the windshield clear then the factory defroster system, especially in a cool, humid climate like Oregon. My only concern would is that it would be out in plain view for all to see, no where to hide it in a c/k interior without putting it behind some sort of cover/console. The stock stude defroster may be weak, but I find the heater to keep me nice and toasty and the whole system is neat and out of all visible sightlines when sitting in the car. cheers, junior

Leave a comment:

• Carl Purdy
    replied
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/vta-506101

Leave a comment:

• Corvanti
    replied
    i think "Junior" is correct. but if not - Jegs and probably others have "Hot Rod" heaters with accessories for a defroster.

Leave a comment:

• junior
    replied
    Originally posted by CoosBayMark View Post
    Hello all,
    The installation makes it impossible to use factory floor heater.
    Mark, can you give a little more detail on why you can't use the factory floor heater...many of us have modified C/K body Studes with working factory style heaters. Cheers, Junior

Leave a comment:

• CoosBayMark
    started a topic Aftermarket heater for 54 C body

Aftermarket heater for 54 C body

Hello all,
    I have picked up a 54 commander c body. The PO put in a sbchevy, Turbo350, dual exhaust etc. While I'm not a real street rod afficiando, I couldn't pass the car up. The installation makes it impossible to use factory floor heater. As I live on the Oregon Coast where the sun comes out once a year LOL.....anyone have a suggestion for an aftermarker heater/defroster set up? Not looking for adding ac. Just want to drive it with heat and clear windows..any help would be welcomed. Mark
Working...
X