Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wasn't someone looking for a Stude schoolbus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gary, it would be nice see it stock; but as I'm thinking about what I'd like to do with it if I had it, I think for practical purposes, updating would be better than staying stock. Imagine driving it to, say, SB for a meet[:0]

I am toying with the idea of buying it a little... just love the side view![8D] I think this baby, restored but modern drivetrain, could be a lot of fun in so many situations!

We'll see; working on trying to figure out what it would cost to get it here...

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Gary, it would be nice see it stock; but as I'm thinking about what I'd like to do with it if I had it, I think for practical purposes, updating would be better than staying stock. Imagine driving it to, say, SB for a meet[:0]

I am toying with the idea of buying it a little... just love the side view![8D] I think this baby, restored but modern drivetrain, could be a lot of fun in so many situations!

We'll see; working on trying to figure out what it would cost to get it here...

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

"I am toying with the idea of buying it a little... just love the side view! I think this baby, restored but modern drivetrain, could be a lot of fun in so many situations!"

So begins a hundred discussions between the keep that(Lark...C/K...Hawk...Avanti...any Stude)stock crowd and the modified set.
        Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

"I am toying with the idea of buying it a little... just love the side view! I think this baby, restored but modern drivetrain, could be a lot of fun in so many situations!"

So begins a hundred discussions between the keep that(Lark...C/K...Hawk...Avanti...any Stude)stock crowd and the modified set.
          Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Wonder what that thing did during WWII? Love the cool old vehicles like this.[]

Since it was almost new during WWII, it was probably used to haul children to and from school through the war.

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Wonder what that thing did during WWII? Love the cool old vehicles like this.[]

Since it was almost new during WWII, it was probably used to haul children to and from school through the war.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I guess my interest has risen a little more[:I] Been researching shipping quotes...

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I guess my interest has risen a little more[:I] Been researching shipping quotes...

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I heard that Micheal Jackson was bidding on it ...

Nevermind .. looks like he got a couple already[:I] :

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
                    '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

I heard that Micheal Jackson was bidding on it ...

Nevermind .. looks like he got a couple already[:I] :

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
                      '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                      Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                      http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                      I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

For those wondering, the bus sold for $3500! Nope, not me...

As Guido suggested, I posted on yesterdaystractors.com to get shipping quotes. Lowest bid was $1800 door-to-door, hauler loads, I'd help unload. Really nice guy, called back to follow up; asked me to keep him in mind next time I need a quote! If anyone wants, I'll give his number.

In the end, I decided I wasn't interested enough to pay that. Hope we see it again running!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

For those wondering, the bus sold for $3500! Nope, not me...

As Guido suggested, I posted on yesterdaystractors.com to get shipping quotes. Lowest bid was $1800 door-to-door, hauler loads, I'd help unload. Really nice guy, called back to follow up; asked me to keep him in mind next time I need a quote! If anyone wants, I'll give his number.

In the end, I decided I wasn't interested enough to pay that. Hope we see it again running!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                          X