Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 Cruiser color question?

Hey everybody.
    I'm going to register my 64 Cruiser. What was the dark green with gold metal flake called in 64?
    Thanks, Gordon

Would that be Jet Green Poly?
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Would that be Jet Green Poly?
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by laughinlark

Hey everybody.
        I'm going to register my 64 Cruiser. What was the dark green with gold metal flake called in 64?
        Thanks, Gordon
        The darker of the two 1964 passenger car greens was Jet Green...but it didn't have any gold metalflake in it, Gordon. It would have had silver [actually aluminum [:0] ] particles in it. [8D] BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hey everybody.
          Thanks, Gordon
          The darker of the two 1964 passenger car greens was Jet Green...but it didn't have any gold metalflake in it, Gordon. It would have had silver [actually aluminum [:0] ] particles in it. [8D] BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks guys,
            The previous owner had re-painted the car a close match but no metallic flake. [:0] I was going by the trunk that hadn't been re-painted. I was parked next to another Jet Green 64 Cruiser in SB 2002. It looked really nice. That was the only other Cruiser that color that I've seen.

Thanks again,
            Gordon

Comment

Thanks guys,
              The previous owner had re-painted the car a close match but no metallic flake. [:0] I was going by the trunk that hadn't been re-painted. I was parked next to another Jet Green 64 Cruiser in SB 2002. It looked really nice. That was the only other Cruiser that color that I've seen.

Thanks again,
              Gordon

Comment

Thanks guys,

Thanks again,
                Gordon
                But none of the others had the white writing on the back window like your's did!

Craig

Comment

Thanks guys,

Thanks again,
                  Gordon
                  But none of the others had the white writing on the back window like your's did!

Craig

Comment

Gordon:
                    Jet Green, color code P6415. BP's description of aluminum particles is about as close as one could call it. Very fine metallic look to it. Also the green is quite dark, considerably different than the Cruiser shown in the 64 brochure. I've got to take the time to enter Clem in the registry. Seems like I spend more and more time hanging out on this forum [^].

Dean Croft
                    Roseburg,OR

CLEM
                    Dean

CLEM

Comment

Gordon:
                      Jet Green, color code P6415. BP's description of aluminum particles is about as close as one could call it. Very fine metallic look to it. Also the green is quite dark, considerably different than the Cruiser shown in the 64 brochure. I've got to take the time to enter Clem in the registry. Seems like I spend more and more time hanging out on this forum [^].

Dean Croft
                      Roseburg,OR

CLEM
                      Dean

CLEM

Comment

Hey Craig,
                        That was the same marker that I use to put my number and ET on the windshield and side window at the drag strip. [8D] I like all the thumbs up, honks, and stares out on the open road going across country. My brother & I started doing the South Bend or bust on back window back in 1988. That was my first trip to SB. I was driving my 61 Lark at that time. I raced in the museum parking lot that time. I was running nitrous oxide on the Lark back then. [:0] My nephew and I did the 02 trip to SB with the same results. My daughter, myself and brother did the Spokane meet in 05 with Spokane or bust in the back window. Still the same response. I don't think I will ever go to another meet again without destination or bust in the window. Oh, buy the way, the Studes never missed a heartbeat on the road to any of the meets. Eureka, Ca to SB in 50hrs like an indurance race. Only shut down to get fuel & fast food drive thru.

Gordon

Comment

Hey Craig,
                          That was the same marker that I use to put my number and ET on the windshield and side window at the drag strip. [8D] I like all the thumbs up, honks, and stares out on the open road going across country. My brother & I started doing the South Bend or bust on back window back in 1988. That was my first trip to SB. I was driving my 61 Lark at that time. I raced in the museum parking lot that time. I was running nitrous oxide on the Lark back then. [:0] My nephew and I did the 02 trip to SB with the same results. My daughter, myself and brother did the Spokane meet in 05 with Spokane or bust in the back window. Still the same response. I don't think I will ever go to another meet again without destination or bust in the window. Oh, buy the way, the Studes never missed a heartbeat on the road to any of the meets. Eureka, Ca to SB in 50hrs like an indurance race. Only shut down to get fuel & fast food drive thru.

Gordon

Comment

Hey Craig,
                            I was driving my 61 Lark at that time. I raced in the museum parking lot that time. I was running nitrous oxide on the Lark back then. [:0]
                            Gordon
                            I remember your '61 Lark as well in SB in '88. Metallic blue two door with mags, right?

Craig

Comment

Hey Craig,
                              I was driving my 61 Lark at that time. I raced in the museum parking lot that time. I was running nitrous oxide on the Lark back then. [:0]
                              Gordon
                              I remember your '61 Lark as well in SB in '88. Metallic blue two door with mags, right?

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X