Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paperwork for the last Studebaker. Pretty cool.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
    Hi Bob , I have a option booklet for 66 and there is no mention of FM radios . I kind of think they were a dealer installed option available.
    Although I do know a employee from Hamilton once told me they had a skid of FM radios that quite a few walked away ( sure like to find one of those )
    I believe you're correct Bob. My assistant wanted an AM/FM radio for her 66 and we ordered it from South Bend and installed it here.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by 58PackardWagon View Post
      I am in contact with the seller and have asked him to pass my phone number along to the buyer. If he calls me, I will attempt to buy them and give them to the museum.
      Good Luck with your inquiry! They should be displayed with the actual vehicle they commissioned.

Comment

Originally posted by 58PackardWagon View Post
        I am in contact with the seller and have asked him to pass my phone number along to the buyer. If he calls me, I will attempt to buy them and give them to the museum.
        Thanks so much Joe. You're very kind. Keep me posted please as to your progress. You can PM me if you wish.

Stu Chapman

Comment

I wonder what the story is how this person got those papers , like who he got them from . You would think they had to come through an X employee maybe ?
          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I wonder what the story is how this person got those papers , like who he got them from . You would think they had to come through an X employee maybe ?
            Maybe 58PackardWagon might be willing to disclose this once he is able to find the buyer. They should have been in the archives file at the Museum.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Stu, is it possible that Z.A. Zentzinger? noted at the top of the mimeographed purple page as receiving this page on Mar. 10, 1966 could be the recipient and keeper of this pile of Doc's? Do you know his/her capacity?

Of course it WAS written to K. Bottrell, maybe his secretary?

This is one of the most memorable "finds' of Studebaker History, and certainly the most current.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

The seller has some Studebaker Retirement Insurance paperwork for sale, also. The employee's last name is Kidd. Could he have had the other material at one time as well?

Comment

Hi Bob , I have a option booklet for 66 and there is no mention of FM radios . I kind of think they were a dealer installed option available.
                  Although I do know a employee from Hamilton once told me they had a skid of FM radios that quite a few walked away ( sure like to find one of those )
                  Not an "option booklet", but my copy of the "1966 Accessories" booklet (printed in the USA; no PD number) has an AM/FM radio listed as an accessory for 1966 models.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                    Not an "option booklet", but my copy of the "1966 Accessories" booklet (printed in the USA; no PD number) has an AM/FM radio listed as an accessory for 1966 models.
                    Re above, I also found that information in my collection of 1966 literature.

I noticed also that seat belts were a delete option "DO" (Delete option. Will be furnished at extra cost unless order states to omit)

I am not sure how accurate the information is for the last few months of sales as my Cruiser, built in February 1966, did not appear to have a clock and that was listed as a "Standard Item" however it could have been removed and a "Studebaker of Canada delete plate inserted". The Facts and Features booklet also states "To continue its program of quality and design improvement the manufacturer reserves the right to change specifications, design or prices at any time without notice and without incurring obligations."
                    Last edited by 2moredoors; 12-29-2014, 01:46 PM.
                    sigpic
                    55 President Deluxe
                    64 Commander
                    66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Originally posted by qsanford View Post
                      The seller has some Studebaker Retirement Insurance paperwork for sale, also. The employee's last name is Kidd. Could he have had the other material at one time as well?

I noticed that too. I did a search a person with that name passed away in South Bend in 1975.

http://records.ancestry.com/charles_...x?pid=64173282

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                        Not sure what your looking at Gary but heres what I have.

sigpic

Comment

Sorry if you can't read these but the top one (white) shows all options , manual radio was option #65 and push button was #66
                          ....the green one is option pricing ...manual radio was $56.55 and push button was $64.49
                          neither one has no mention of a FM radio.
                          ...I also have the booklet with a pic of a FM radio , but I have yet to see and information on a order sheet or price sheet of cost or # for one.
                          Last edited by 2R5; 12-29-2014, 02:07 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                            Stu, is it possible that Z.A. Zentzinger? noted at the top of the mimeographed purple page as receiving this page on Mar. 10, 1966 could be the recipient and keeper of this pile of Doc's? Do you know his/her capacity?

Of course it WAS written to K. Bottrell, maybe his secretary?

This is one of the most memorable "finds' of Studebaker History, and certainly the most current.
                            Ted Zenzinger was a senior member of the executive team in the Studebaker Automotive Division and was based in South Bend. Ken Bottrell was a production supervisor based in the Hamilton plant. I knew both well.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Sorry if you can't read these but the top one (white) shows all options , manual radio was option #65 and push button was #66
                              ....the green one is option pricing ...manual radio was $56.55 and push button was $64.49
                              neither one has no mention of a FM radio.
                              ...I also have the booklet with a pic of a FM radio , but I have yet to see and information on a order sheet or price sheet of cost or # for one.

Stu Chapman
                              My recollection is that it cost about $100.

Comment

The seller bought all of this stuff years ago at an estate sale in Indiana. He has passed all of my contact info along to the buyer. I wait with anticipation.

Comment

Working...
                                X