1949 Land Cruiser prototype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1949 Land Cruiser prototype

Does anyone have a url with other photos of this car? I'm curious about how the tail and interior looked, if there are such photos.

http://www.kustomrama.com/index.php?...r_Land_Cruiser
    Thank you,

I find it hard to believe that his predecessor to the Edsel got this far! With that front end protruding like that, other than being just ugly, can you spell impractical? I can only imagine the vapor lock that it would have created, even more so than the Stude's of that time suffered.
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

The photos in that link are from the April, 1984 covers of TW. The front of it does make an Aztek look like a masterpiece, although the rear is livable:

Craig
      Last edited by 8E45E; 12-12-2014, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Practical? Maybe not, but I like the Euro look of the first front end. I get an Alpha Romeo vibe from it. It may not look that nice in person, but the pictures intrigue me. The rear ends are pretty conventional. The second iteration's back end reminds me strongly of the Packard tail end. The one on the bottom, it's interesting to notice the 70s GM look to those forms. To me, anyway. The lower right front end...nope. The middle one appears too much like a 50 Ford front end, although I suspect that it is an echo of the Gardner roadster.

Comment

Hi

The right top and middle rear views leave an impression of 1951-53 Packard 200/Clipper styling. The middle left front styling looks like toned-down 1951 Frazer or Henry J. The bottom views simply insipid but pleasant enough. But that upper left, maybe the offspring of a sharknose Graham and a Studebaker!

Steve

Comment

I believe that there are five or six different prototypes pictured here. It is hard to tell for sure because often the two sides of prototypes had different renditions.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Yes. But I believe the two bottom pictures are of the same car. Two door sedan on the pass. side and four door sedan on the driver's side.
              Jerry Forrester
              Forrester's Chrome
              Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

As for the ones on the left of the photo I'd drive the bottom two. Don't care so much for the top left one. Of course, I'd want one just because.
                Chris Dresbach

Comment

I guess that was 1942 as that is the date on the license plates?

Comment

Interesting point Nels.

Comment

I had the same thought on the middle left one. I immediately thought of the '51 Frazer.

Comment

That's really interesting about the middle one, I can't help think about the Gardner roadster when I see the middle photo.

Comment

Working...
                        X