golden hawk 4 sale in NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden hawk 4 sale in NY

Thought there might be interest in this. There is a Golden Hawk for sale in the Binghamton NY. craigslist. It looks rough but its a Golden Hawk. Sorry I don't know how to copy the ad. just go to the Binghamtom CL. and type in Studebaker.

Here is a link:
    http://binghamton.craigslist.org/cto/4799510649.html

Hope it works for you.

Comment

Looks very complete but no asking price. If it's reasonable it could be a good project especially being the only year with the Packard engine (which the ad doesn't mention....they may not know).
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Nice to see an unmolested, completely original Hawk....even in pretty rough shape....Not many still exist like that! 10 to 1 it was parked in '78 due to an ailing Packard Ultramatic.

Comment

The ad says it has a, "Manufacturer installed air conditioner". I wonder if that is code for "aftermarket". I don't see any evidence of AC under the dash, nor in the rear package area. In any case, I'd like to see a pic of it.

Comment

If anyone gets the Serial Number, please post it.

That car is identical to the second 1956 Golden Hawk sold new at my father's dealership. The first one, the solid Cambridge Grey car, is well-accounted for. The yellow and white car, the other one they sold, has not been located....yet. Thanks. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

It seems like the majority of 1956 Golden Hawks that ended up in the Northeast area were painted this 'Sunglow Gold/Snowcap White' paint combo. (as this one is) Although I've never seen this particular '56 Golden, it looks VERY familiar to me!

Comment

Interesting. The roof may be sunglow gold (hard to tell although the owner states that its white). The rest of the car appears to be snowcap white (except for around the trunk latch area). This Hawk's steering wheel is gold, mine has a white one.

Comment

Originally posted by EssexExport View Post
                  Interesting. The roof may be sunglow gold (hard to tell although the owner states that its white). The rest of the car appears to be snowcap white (except for around the trunk latch area). This Hawk's steering wheel is gold, mine has a white one.
                  This car has the standard sunglow & white color, with charcoal & white interior, which may be the most common 56J interior & exterior combo there was. Of the ten 56Js I have owned, four were sunglow & white; two of those had charcoal & white interior and two had yellow & white. (I also owned a black, a white, two mocha & whites, a blue & white, and a tangerine & white one.)

Important to know on this car (for me) would be if it has PS.

The soy bean steering wheel sometimes turns yellow like that one, but more often turns blackish. The brightly colored vacuum gauge indicates this car has been stored inside a lot, and out of the sun. The mylar on the door panel looks atypically nice, and indicates not much long term exposure to wet weather, as does the inner fin strips and the lower edge of the trunk lid.

The replaced shifter collar indicates a lot of its 82,000 miles were likely in short driving trips.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
                    This car has the standard sunglow & white color, with charcoal & white interior, which may be the most common 56J interior & exterior combo there was. Of the ten 56Js I have owned, four were sunglow & white; two of those had charcoal & white interior and two had yellow & white. (I also owned a black, a white, two mocha & whites, a blue & white, and a tangerine & white one.)

The soy bean steering wheel sometimes turns yellow like that one, but more often turns blackish. The brightly colored vacuum gauge indicates this car has been stored inside a lot, and out of the sun. The mylar on the door panel looks atypically nice, and indicates not much long term exposure to wet weather, as does the inner fin strips and the lower edge of the trunk lid.

The replaced shifter collar indicates a lot of its 82,000 miles were likely in short driving trips.

My gosh Joe,...The vacuum gage, steering wheel, shift collar, door mylar comments....not trying to flatter you here,...but how perceptive you really are about the 1956 Golden Hawk model Studebaker!!!

(Agreed on the power steering comment also)

Comment

Note that it has the optional door mounted seat belts.

I passed on a '56 GH up in that area in the mid-1980s. It also had those optional seat belts.

The trunk lid (lip) looks very good (not rusted through).
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post

You certainly know your stuff, Joe.

Comment

Working...
                        X