Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow, 1st a 250K Golden Hawk, now an r3 GT Hawk (wink wink)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"1962 Studebaker Gold Hawk GT grand turizmo" is a nice looking car and I would be very proud to own it, although I would call it what it is, a nicely upgraded '62 GT Hawk....

Comment

Let's pick it apart.
      I'll start.
      It has a bent tie rod.

This GT may be the most beautiful GT I have ever seen. I know it's a '62 and they are calling it an r3. But I'm a hot rodder and a modifier and I love the car the way it is.
      Jerry Forrester
      Forrester's Chrome
      Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

That is a beautiful, high dollar car, with a banged up rear bumper valance. I love the repro Mopar exhaust tips though (pretty sure they are Mopar, since they appear a little "fatter" than Studes').

Comment

Wow! That's the first partial-flow R3 engine I've ever seen! Cool.

Seriously, it does look like a nice car. Bought right, it could be a lot of fun, since the frame rails look nice and solid, so the balance of the car probably is as well. As lousy as were the OEM interiors in '62s, it's interesting to see how many different types of reupholstering jobs have been done on them through the years. That one looks nice. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The interior reminds me of a toned down '66 Ambassador DPL with the Custom trim package! They should have made a couple of throw pillows to go with the Houndstooth check!<G>

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post

This GT may be the most beautiful GT I have ever seen.
              May my arse, it is the most, that one could reside here where I could drive it like I stole it. I'd probably need to steal it to own it but I love this GT.

Bob
              Last edited by sweetolbob; 12-12-2014, 06:15 PM.

Comment

I could live with everything I see there, once we clarified the provenance of the "Original 330 hp R3 Most rare ssupercharged 4 speed 1962 Studebaker Gold Hawk GT grand turizmo".

jack vines
                PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by qsanford View Post
                  The interior reminds me of a toned down '66 Ambassador DPL with the Custom trim package! They should have made a couple of throw pillows to go with the Houndstooth check!<G>
                  Also reminds me of a Maverick.

Craig

Comment

What is RED behind the rear seat arm rest? What is with the loose wires on the firewall? Why didn't they fix that rear valance? Is there enough adjustment available to align that bent tie rod?
                    Great looking car though!!!
                    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Had the 250 grand Hawk on around 11 hours before you today, Bro. Made it a point to read the boards before I posted it.

Comment

Aftermarket tach hose clamped to steering column looks ...er...really tacky.

Seriously, can't see spending all that dough on the engine build up, yet neglecting the simple upgrade of the dash to full factory instrumentation. Looks positively naked without Stude's big ol' tach and clock combo.

Comment

Originally posted by EssexExport View Post
                          Had the 250 grand Hawk on around 11 hours before you today, Bro. Made it a point to read the boards before I posted it.
                          Yep, you did: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...-for-250-Grand

But ALL the previous 11 posts in this thread are exclusively on the '62 GT Hawk.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                            Wow! That's the first partial-flow R3 engine I've ever seen! Cool.

Seriously, it does look like a nice car. Bought right, it could be a lot of fun, since the frame rails look nice and solid, so the balance of the car probably is as well. As lousy as were the OEM interiors in '62s, it's interesting to see how many different types of reupholstering jobs have been done on them through the years. That one looks nice. BP
                            I like the 62 interiors. But this one is suffering from the dreaded sagging outboard front seat bottom cushion syndrome, on the passenger side. The driver's side looks OK, but there is not a good clear shot of it. I used Mercedes, horse hair backed seat bottom cushions, slipped under the GT covers, to doctor that syndrome. Worked, great, but the Chrysler Sebring convertible seats took it to whole nother level, as a driver.

Comment

Wonder what those fender emblems say? Supercharged?
                              KURTRUK
                              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                              X