Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's wrong with this ad?

http://www.studebaker-info.org/Deale...oseCA1963a.jpg
    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Weren't '64s all having four headlights? I'm not that familiar with them but I know '65-'66s reverted back to two headlights...in most cases if not all. The standup Studebaker hood ornament is a '65-'66 thing as well, isn't it?
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

The ornament is correct, two headlights were correct.

Comment

Its not a Challenger....its a Commander!

Chris.

Comment

A Challenger was the stripped model , not fully factory equipped.

Comment

Bingo stude dude. it wasn't really that hard for anyone with a 64 Challenger.

Comment

On '64 Commanders and Challengers 4 Headlights were optional, never saw a Challenger with them.
              Challengers have no hood ornament, front and rear Glass Mouldings or body side mouldings Std. they would have to be special ordered.

Four Headlights were only Standard on Daytona and Cruiser.

'65's all have 4 Headlights.

'66's all have 2 Headlights.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                On '64 Commanders and Challengers 4 Headlights were optional, never saw a Challenger with them.
                Challengers have no hood ornament, front and rear Glass Mouldings or body side mouldings Std. they would have to be special ordered. Four Headlights were only Standard on Daytona and Cruiser.
                On Challengers, one could have ordered option #84 Appearance Kit, which included the hood ornament and front & rear windshield/window mouldings.

Four headlights were also standard on the 1964.5 Commander Special model.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                  Weren't '64s all having four headlights? I'm not that familiar with them but I know '65-'66s reverted back to two headlights...in most cases if not all. The standup Studebaker hood ornament is a '65-'66 thing as well, isn't it?
                  Only 66 models had two headlights; 65s continued with four.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                    On Challengers, one could have ordered option #84 Appearance Kit, which included the hood ornament and front & rear windshield/window mouldings.

Four headlights were also standard on the 1964.5 Commander Special model.

Craig
                    Craig is correct. However Challengers were only manufactured and sold in the United States, not in Canada. I tend to agree with stude dude...the car illustrated certainly looks like a Commander. Thank goodness I wasn't responsible for that ad. Mind you, many advertisers often added the qualifier "not exactly as illustrated". I couldn't see any such copy in this ad.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Wow, what a wealth of knowledge!!!

Rog
                      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                      Smithtown,NY
                      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

WOW!...I'm heading for CAPITOL STUDEBAKER today!

Comment

55.73 x 36 = 2006.28, that's more than they paid for the PBR and it was a V-8. I'm sure this is for a 6 cyl. the ad didn't say V-8 or 6.

Comment

You guys think Bait & Switch using a Commander is bad...how about using a Daytona?

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

If it was in Indiana, the ad would be false because no dealerships are open on Sunday. I don't know if it was true in the sixties though.

Comment

Working...
                              X