No announcement yet.

Restoration details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMHO, unless you're in it for the $$, the time spent shouldn't make much of a difference if you enjoy what you're doing and have the dough to spare. If the less desirable sedans were crushed using the money/time factor, we'd be poorer for it. Imagine a club with only Hawks, C/Ks and Avantis. No thanks.
    As my pal Walt Thompson says "It's cheaper 'n therapy" to which I repond; it IS therapy! :-) Hobby or lifestyle, it's fun and I love it.

Western Washington, USA

Comment

IMHO, unless you're in it for the $$, the time spent shouldn't make much of a difference if you enjoy what you're doing and have the dough to spare. If the less desirable sedans were crushed using the money/time factor, we'd be poorer for it. Imagine a club with only Hawks, C/Ks and Avantis. No thanks.
      As my pal Walt Thompson says "It's cheaper 'n therapy" to which I repond; it IS therapy! :-) Hobby or lifestyle, it's fun and I love it.

Western Washington, USA

Comment

I'm with you, Tom. If you start to worry that you might not recoup your "investment", it's time to sell it and cut your losses. (Ignore that if you're working on a Duesenberg or Bugatti)[^]

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I'm with you, Tom. If you start to worry that you might not recoup your "investment", it's time to sell it and cut your losses. (Ignore that if you're working on a Duesenberg or Bugatti)[^]

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Check out today's New York Times Auto Section. Story on investing in old cars, and they used a Studebaker Avanti, a Ferrari, a Cadillac as examples on return of investment.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/28/au...es&oref=slogin

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Check out today's New York Times Auto Section. Story on investing in old cars, and they used a Studebaker Avanti, a Ferrari, a Cadillac as examples on return of investment.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/28/au...es&oref=slogin

Comment

I figure that if you are losing money restoring a postwar Studebaker, it really IS truly Authentic, because you are carrying on a Company Tradition in the process.

Comment

I figure that if you are losing money restoring a postwar Studebaker, it really IS truly Authentic, because you are carrying on a Company Tradition in the process.

Comment

Working...
                  X