My "new" car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My "new" car.

Well, I'm now the proud owner of an LA-built, always BEEN in LA 1953 Champion Starlight Coupe! Yahootiee!
    Cream in color - Fresh Champion engine, automatic tranny and no exterior rust! (got a little perforation under the driver's feet - but minor) It's a driver, but it hasn't seen much action in the last 10 years. It'll need new tires and even tho it has brakes, I'll have to scope them out. I plan to drive it at least a little bit and then decide if I want to keep it or let it go. I'm honestly not sure either way at this point![:I]
    I won't actually have my hands on it until next week at the earliest.[]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Cool,Bob!
    Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Cool,Bob!
      Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Don't They say everybody should have the chance to buy at least one new car? Sounds like a nice one,what color interior did you 'order'?

LaSalle,Il
        61Hawk
        Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Don't They say everybody should have the chance to buy at least one new car? Sounds like a nice one,what color interior did you 'order'?

LaSalle,Il
          61Hawk
          Oglesby,Il.

Comment

That makes 2 nice Starlight Coupes you own. I think you're over your limit

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

That makes 2 nice Starlight Coupes you own. I think you're over your limit

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Hey, congrats StudeBob! Gonna yank out that little 6 and automatic and throw in a "McKinnon" V8, right? [)]

And here you are, trying to clear out and sell a few cars... HA!

Matthew Burnette
                '59 Scotsman
                '63 Daytona
                Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Hey, congrats StudeBob! Gonna yank out that little 6 and automatic and throw in a "McKinnon" V8, right? [)]

And here you are, trying to clear out and sell a few cars... HA!

Matthew Burnette
                  '59 Scotsman
                  '63 Daytona
                  Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

OK Matthew! RUB IT IN! No McKinnons pal. Maybe a wad of lithium-ion batteries tho! Been thinkin' about a rechargeable Stude ever since that feller bought some 2R parts off'n me to build himself a 2R 'lectric. OR I might just load Pete's bed up with batteries and rename him Sparky![:0]

I left the interior up to the dealer. I have no idea what color it is! It's a C5 car so it ought to be vinyl. We'll see.

Miscreant adrift in
                    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

OK Matthew! RUB IT IN! No McKinnons pal. Maybe a wad of lithium-ion batteries tho! Been thinkin' about a rechargeable Stude ever since that feller bought some 2R parts off'n me to build himself a 2R 'lectric. OR I might just load Pete's bed up with batteries and rename him Sparky![:0]

I left the interior up to the dealer. I have no idea what color it is! It's a C5 car so it ought to be vinyl. We'll see.

Miscreant adrift in
                      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs
                        It's a C5 car
                        I'm partial to the C5's. Most rodders like the no chrome C3's. I think the extra chrome makes the "greenhouse" look bigger and more in proportion.

Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs
                          It's a C5 car
                          I'm partial to the C5's. Most rodders like the no chrome C3's. I think the extra chrome makes the "greenhouse" look bigger and more in proportion.

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Congrats Bob,So now you can send me your old one.

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

Congrats Bob,So now you can send me your old one.

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X