This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday Pics...Speedy Bills

I added a few more pics to my Omaha album....

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ddstnk...m?.dir=5ae9re2

Not too many because I was gone most of the day to Lincoln at the Speedway Motors Museum. Many, many new Studes showed up, however, and I'll try to catch up today. The concours field is essentially full now and should be SRO by the end of the day today.

The Speedway museum is awsome []

Don't miss it if you are here or plan to ever be in the area. Here's some more pics...

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ddstnk...m?.dir=afdcre2

One of the high points is the Indy dual overhead cam Stude V8...

Yea, that's Ted Harbit in the background figuring out how to get it in the Tomato and still run at the PSMCD's .

They actually have 2 OHC Studes on display. One is a cut away showing the internals. Pretty neat. Here's some more pics...

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ddstnk...m?.dir=6c9are2

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Thanks for the pictures Dick

Comment

Thanks for the pictures Dick

Comment

Great pics, Dick - especially of the Smith Collection. Speedy Bill renovated the museum since I last visited in '98, it looks awesome. Wish I was there to see it with you and the rest of the Stude gearheads. Did you get a look at all the scale model cars in Bill's collection? How about Mark's lunchbox collection?
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Great pics, Dick - especially of the Smith Collection. Speedy Bill renovated the museum since I last visited in '98, it looks awesome. Wish I was there to see it with you and the rest of the Stude gearheads. Did you get a look at all the scale model cars in Bill's collection? How about Mark's lunchbox collection?
          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Amazing pictures Dick.Thanks for sharing with us less fortunate that didnt get to make it this year.The museum is almost worth the trip besides all the great studes you eyeballing.

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

Comment

Amazing pictures Dick.Thanks for sharing with us less fortunate that didnt get to make it this year.The museum is almost worth the trip besides all the great studes you eyeballing.

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

Comment

You made my day Dick!!! Ii absolutely love the indy twin cam cam engine pics, you did a great job. Now I'll have to get them downloaded or ordered for my own hardcopy album. That engine is the real prize of the Omaha trip, sadly it's a bit far for my wallet right now.

But anyway, I'm huge fan of the stude' indy engine and the engineering that went into it, even though it couldn't show its muscle due to a slight crankshaft manufacturing flaw, too small of a lathe and a welded on snout -the lesson is that you shouldn't weld a crankshaft together, especially on a race engine.

Thanks Dick, enjoy the rest of the meet. Keep those pics coming, your enlightening many of the lives of the less fortunate.

E. West
                "The Speedster Kid"
                Sunny Northern California
                Where the roads don't freeze over and the heat doesn't kill you.
                And an open road is yours to have -only during non-commute rush hours 9am-4pm and 7pm to 7am (Ha, ha, ha)
                Best Regards,
                Eric West
                "The Speedster Kid"
                And an open road is yours to have -only during non-commute rush hours 9am-4pm and 7pm to 7am (Ha, ha, ha)
                55 Speedster "Lemon/Lime" (Beautiful)
                55 President State Sedan (Rusty original, but runs great and reliable)

Comment

You made my day Dick!!! Ii absolutely love the indy twin cam cam engine pics, you did a great job. Now I'll have to get them downloaded or ordered for my own hardcopy album. That engine is the real prize of the Omaha trip, sadly it's a bit far for my wallet right now.

But anyway, I'm huge fan of the stude' indy engine and the engineering that went into it, even though it couldn't show its muscle due to a slight crankshaft manufacturing flaw, too small of a lathe and a welded on snout -the lesson is that you shouldn't weld a crankshaft together, especially on a race engine.

Thanks Dick, enjoy the rest of the meet. Keep those pics coming, your enlightening many of the lives of the less fortunate.

E. West
                  "The Speedster Kid"
                  Best Regards,
                  Eric West
                  "The Speedster Kid"
                  55 Speedster "Lemon/Lime" (Beautiful)
                  55 President State Sedan (Rusty original, but runs great and reliable)

Comment

Working...
                  X