serial #s ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• serial #s ?

I know there is somewhere I can go to find starting serial #s for each year, but I CAN'T FIND IT!!!
    I have serial # E5-123863. I think it's a 59 Scotsman Pick-up but not sure.
    Can anyone tell me how to find the page with all the serial numbers?
    Neil Thornton

Which truck is it?

Is there a number in front of the E? "E5" is a '55.

E - '55.
    2E - '56.
    3E - '57 and '58.
    4E - '59.
    6E - '60.
    Etc.

Comment

No Number before the E . The plate is 2 3/8"X5 1/4" like a R series. The old Navy truck has a 3X 3 1/4" plate. The serial # on it doesn't have a number before the E either. E1-2145.

The plate is missing from your truck.
      Neil Thornton

Comment

Mine is E1-1800. I have the tag here with me. I guess it got put in a box when I moved instead of being put back on the truck.

At the bottom of the tag is 4E1-112, which is the model number.
        Last edited by mbstude; 11-22-2014, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Just went out and checked the # on Ol'Fred. It doesn't have a numeral before the E either. The model# does. Fred is 3E1- 122. Old Navy is 4E1-112.
          Neil Thornton

Comment

I guess I was a little confused. The number before the E is only on the model number, not the serial number.

3E1-122 is a 57 or 58 long wheel base with a Champion six.
            4E1-112 is a '59 short wheel base with a Champion six.

But I think you knew that about both of those trucks already.

Does the E5 number have a model number on it too?

Comment

I'm a newbie at this, but I believe the numbers after the 3E1 and 4E1 are the wheelbase.

Comment

Originally posted by GinettaG12P View Post
                I'm a newbie at this, but I believe the numbers after the 3E1 and 4E1 are the wheelbase.
                That's correct.

I'm having to really rack my brain. It's been a while since I thought hard about Stude trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by GinettaG12P View Post
                  You are correct. The plate in question doesn't have the model #. Only serial# stamped in. It at one time had some more info printed on but that's long gone. I can almost make out what looks like 2E5 which would make it a 56,but according to Dwain G. the serial# is too large for 56.
                  Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
                    You are correct. The plate in question doesn't have the model #. Only serial# stamped in. It at one time had some more info printed on but that's long gone. I can almost make out what looks like 2E5 which would make it a 56,but according to Dwain G. the serial# is too large for 56.
                    Which truck is it? Did you get another one or is it one of the cabs you've got at the shop?

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                      Which truck is it? Did you get another one or is it one of the cabs you've got at the shop?
                      It's the cab from Bart Ladd's truck. I thought it was a 59,but noticed the plate didn't match the others.
                      Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
                        I know there is somewhere I can go to find starting serial #s for each year, but I CAN'T FIND IT!!!
                        I have serial # E5-123863. I think it's a 59 Scotsman Pick-up but not sure.
                        Can anyone tell me how to find the page with all the serial numbers?
                        Neil, according to the 57-61 truck parts book, that is a serial number from the 3E series of trucks for 57 and 58. E5's started at 123001 in 1957 and started at 126801 for 1959. Hope that helps you out. Scotsmans were E1, E2 and E3 models.

Doug.
                        Last edited by s2d63lark; 11-23-2014, 09:15 AM. Reason: additional info
                        1963 Canadian Lark VY-6 4E2-122 Deluxe Scotsman

Bognor, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Doug is right. It's from an early 1957 3E5.
                          Skip Lackie

Comment

Thanks everyone!
                            Neil Thornton

Comment

Working...
                            X