48 Land Cruiser Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48 Land Cruiser Build.

That's right people. I have this car for 3 years now and I'm finally getting off my ass and will be putting the time and money in to it. The goals to be driving it by March 2015. Already put a mustang 2 crossmember in over the summer and the parts have been rolling in. The writing will be short but I'll try to post photos often.

Parts are starting to come in over the week, finally got tubular upper and lower control arms. The lower control arms have airbag mounts on them. Also the airbags came in today. Still waiting on the 2" drop spindles to come in. Along with my disk brake conversion kits. Along with some upper airbag mount adapters at will Hopefully be in before Sunday. Fingers crossed, it's feeling like Christmas.

More to come stay tuned!

have fun with her!

looking forward to pics.
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	1692945Click image for larger version

Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	1692946Click image for larger version

Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	1692947

Some parts are coming in

Comment

Click image for larger version

Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	1692959Click image for larger version

Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	1692960Click image for larger version

Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	1692961Click image for larger version

Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	1692962 got the 48 in the garage today and got the heaters going, nice and warm. Stripped off that stock suspension and got it all ready to go to test fit.

Comment

It should be a fun project. I love Land Cruisers, but those parts are far from stock Studebaker Items. They are a Pinto /Mustang II conversion.
          Bez Auto Alchemy
          573-318-8948
          http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Yep yep and that's a mustang 2 cross member I already put in

Comment

Be sure to post pic's when you have it together.
              101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

subscribed.

Comment

Cool project! Out of curiousity, is there a dealer plate on the back hood above the chrome fixture?

I remember one in Michigan in the 1970's that had a "KIRCHER" plate. It was a dealership in Detroit. I would be cool to see the car still existing and better yet, restored!

Comment

Originally posted by Indyted View Post
                    Cool project! Out of curiousity, is there a dealer plate on the back hood above the chrome fixture?

I remember one in Michigan in the 1970's that had a "KIRCHER" plate. It was a dealership in Detroit. I would be cool to see the car still existing and better yet, restored!

nope this ones originally from Niagara falls. then lived in auburn ca for years and now mine.

Comment

UPDATE: ordered up all these parts and only half of my disk brake kit showed up. so were at a stand still for a little.

Comment

After waiting I'm finally getting the rest of my parts ordered this Wednesday!

Comment

so heres the half ass job i started with and were now going to upgrade!

Comment

after doing some measuring and having no clue what were doing we get started.

im super fortunate to have a friend i went to school with that has a plasma table!

had to run to summit for these smaller bags because the ones we had were just way to big to fit

some plug welds

2 14 hour days later done!

best part of all it actually is correct and fits proportionally, not bad for 2 kids thats have no clue what there doing.
                            ill throw on the front clip soon to see how it all fits

Comment

threw the front clip on it. looks like a funny car now haha

once we get that 4 link in the rear I'm hoping it will lay frame.

only had to cut a little bit of fender and it looks awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X