No announcement yet.

Studebaker of Australia - latest news.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker of Australia - latest news.

Matt
    Brisbane
    Australia
    sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

Great news! But, why is Ian selling out??
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Congratulations on your newest acquisition, Matt,

Hope to be hearing lots of good things about SOA in the future.
      Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
      Kenmore, Washington
      hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
      '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
      '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
      '69 Pontiac Firebird
      (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
        Great news! But, why is Ian selling out??
        I think Ian is just too busy with other businesses and projects. The parts business is extremely time consuming and involves a lot of after hours research which Ian probably doesn't have time for anymore.

Chris.

Comment

Cool beans, Matt. Just out of curiosity, how rare are RHC-specific parts, and do you guys have much call for them? BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hi Bob, RHC mechanical parts are generally pretty easy to find but some dash overlays and pads are becoming very hard to find.

Chris.

Comment

Sounds like Studes will be alive and well, down under, for many years to come

Comment

I hope we have not seen the Last of Ian ? he has been coming over for the International's since 2001 and since about 2005 has stayed with his here In California, my guess I have sent him close to 100 cars over the years most of them Studebaker's.
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

Matt and Chris,
                  there is a guy in Holland that would probably be the largest parts supply outside the US. I don't think he sells much though. I have never seen it, but I am told it is a substantial holding in several barns.

Well done on getting the parts from Ian, he is just too busy to do much with it and you guys are just right for driving this forward in OZ.

Greg
                  Greg Diffen

Editor Studebaker Owners Club UK magazine

Australian Stude guy living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 delivered new in the Netherlands
                  1937 Dictator sedan Australian Body by TJ Richards RHC
                  1937 Packard Super 8 Limousine UK delivered RHC
                  1939 Packard Super 8 Seven Passenger sedan monster UK delivered RHC
                  1939 Commander Cabriolet by Lagenthal of Switzerland
                  1963 Lark Daytona Hardtop
                  1988 Avanti Convertible

Comment

Matt and/or Chris, I looked through your website: http://studeparts.com.au/index.html ,but I didn't find any 'Studebaker of Australia' branded clothing for sale. I would like to purchase a Studebaker of Australia T-shirt if (or when) you have such a thing available in your store.
                    sigpic
                    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Any 57 Packard goodies in your recent acquisitions?
                      Keep me in mind if you find any!
                      sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                      Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                      "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                        Matt and/or Chris, I looked through your website: http://studeparts.com.au/index.html ,but I didn't find any 'Studebaker of Australia' branded clothing for sale. I would like to purchase a Studebaker of Australia T-shirt if (or when) you have such a thing available in your store.
                        What size are you Brent, we have them hanging up in the shop. If you check out the pics of the shop on our facebook page you'll see them.
                        Matt
                        Brisbane
                        Australia
                        sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Hawk View Post
                          What size are you Brent, we have them hanging up in the shop. If you check out the pics of the shop on our facebook page you'll see them.
                          Hi Matt,
                          I wear a size Medium. I haven't been on Facebook for a long time. I don't care what color it is, as long as it isn't black. Perhaps Svenja can pick one out for me.
                          Total up the price and let me know what method of payment you prefer. No rush, it wont be T-shirt weather around here until June of next year! Thank you
                          sigpic
                          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                            Hi Matt,
                            I wear a size Medium. I haven't been on Facebook for a long time. I don't care what color it is, as long as it isn't black. Perhaps Svenja can pick one out for me.
                            Total up the price and let me know what method of payment you prefer. No rush, it wont be T-shirt weather around here until June of next year! Thank you
                            Brent, what do you have against Black? You can just send the one I left in your car back if not happy with it, I think black with white letter really stands out ....Bob
                            Candbstudebakers
                            Castro Valley,
                            California

Comment

Originally posted by go-studebaker View Post
                              Matt and Chris,
                              there is a guy in Holland that would probably be the largest parts supply outside the US. I don't think he sells much though. I have never seen it, but I am told it is a substantial holding in several barns.

Well done on getting the parts from Ian, he is just too busy to do much with it and you guys are just right for driving this forward in OZ.

Greg
                              Hi Greg, thats interesting about the parts in Holland. I did hear something about it many years ago but have never been there. I am guessing those parts would have come from a European parts depot or assembly operation in Belgium.

Yes Ian was far too busy and there was a need for someone a little bit insane (like myself!!) to sort through it all and market the parts worldwide.

Chris.

Comment

Working...
                              X