In need of a tachometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In need of a tachometer

For a GT Hawk. tach, bezel and mounting bracket. Please, thank you chers jimmijim
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

bump 1234567890-
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I've got most of one somewhere, but am not sure if it's working. Do you have a sender? The one I have is the small brick solid state which has 6cy and 8 cyl posts.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

Private message sent
        paul

Comment

bump234567890

Comment

The retainer rings are same as for speedo and clocks, and turn up at most meets for $10-20 each. Less than a year ago, Tom K. had plenty of them for $15, but they were driver quality. If nothing else, SI has them for $45 each (part #1555431).

The mount bracket in the back may be harder to find, especially when looking for one, but I likely have one out in the garage. The OEM tachs are pathetic, when it comes to accuracy. I swapped mine out for a $60 Stewart Warner on feebay that looks close enough for me, and is much more accurate. I have the old OEM tach, but it's inaccuracy is unacceptable to me. I also have the rectangular sender, if I did not toss it.

You will also need a Lilliputian or two to install it (unless you remove the speedo to access it)
            Last edited by JoeHall; 11-09-2014, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X