The Daytona returns home to Indiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Daytona returns home to Indiana

I got these notes and photos from Bob Palma. The Daytona is now safe & sound in Indiana.

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Hey Bob~
    If you ever need to unload that really big LeSabre (you know, to make room) I'd be happy to give it a good home where it could drop it's top a little more often...

StudeDave [8D]
    V/P San Diego County SDC
    San Diego, Ca

http://www.studebakersandiego.com

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
    '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
    '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
    '57 Parkview (she's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
    '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
    '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Hey Bob~
      If you ever need to unload that really big LeSabre (you know, to make room) I'd be happy to give it a good home where it could drop it's top a little more often...

StudeDave [8D]
      V/P San Diego County SDC
      San Diego, Ca

http://www.studebakersandiego.com

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
      '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
      '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
      '57 Parkview (she's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
      '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
      '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

SDC Member since 1985

past President
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC

Comment

Geeze, what a bunch of vultures out there <GGG>! [)][:I]

In the other thread, SDCer (but primarily MoPar enthusiast) Frank Remlinger offered to take the '71 Barracuda convertible off my hands, and now StudeDave is zeroing in on the LeSabre...yipes!

Off to install new locks....! (Sorry; nothing's for sale.) BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

In the other thread, SDCer (but primarily MoPar enthusiast) Frank Remlinger offered to take the '71 Barracuda convertible off my hands, and now StudeDave is zeroing in on the LeSabre...yipes!

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57

Hey Bob~

StudeDave [8D]
            V/P San Diego County SDC
            San Diego, Ca
            Ya' know, I hate to say it, but that 1972 LeSabre Custom Convertible is the tightest car I own. It's a 95,000-mile original paint car and every time I drive it, I can't believe how rattle-free it is. I don't mean "for a convertible," I mean it's just tight and rattle-free period! Helluva cruiser, but I guess you must know that, Dave. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57

Hey Bob~

StudeDave [8D]
              V/P San Diego County SDC
              San Diego, Ca
              Ya' know, I hate to say it, but that 1972 LeSabre Custom Convertible is the tightest car I own. It's a 95,000-mile original paint car and every time I drive it, I can't believe how rattle-free it is. I don't mean "for a convertible," I mean it's just tight and rattle-free period! Helluva cruiser, but I guess you must know that, Dave. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Who said anything about BUYING the cars <arch eyebrows>
                Where ~EXACTLY~ is this building, and when will you be out of town again?? [)]

Frank Remlinger
                SDC# A004602R
                Forgive me, for I drive a Dodge.
                Frank Remlinger
                Detroit, Michigan
                SDC# A004602R

Comment

Who said anything about BUYING the cars <arch eyebrows>
                  Where ~EXACTLY~ is this building, and when will you be out of town again?? [)]

Frank Remlinger
                  SDC# A004602R
                  Forgive me, for I drive a Dodge.
                  Frank Remlinger
                  Detroit, Michigan
                  SDC# A004602R

Comment

Hey, does club seniority have any say in who gets to steal the Barracuda first? And heck, if I can get a flatbed, maybe I'll take one of those two white Daytonas too. Need to make room for whatever Bob decides to bring home next...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Hey, does club seniority have any say in who gets to steal the Barracuda first? And heck, if I can get a flatbed, maybe I'll take one of those two white Daytonas too. Need to make room for whatever Bob decides to bring home next...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Helluva cruiser, but I guess you must know that, Dave. BP
                        Indeed I do. Fact is- I had to give up my '72 Electra 225 shortly after coming across Sweet Pea. She's been great and all, but boy do I miss having that 455 roaring once in awhile!!! [:0] [^]
                        Though maybe I wouldn't miss all the gas stops, or maybe the pain in the pocketbook... [?] [V]

StudeDave [8D]
                        StudeDave '57
                        US Navy (retired)

SDC Member since 1985

past President
                        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                        San Diego Chapter SDC

Comment

Helluva cruiser, but I guess you must know that, Dave. BP
                          Indeed I do. Fact is- I had to give up my '72 Electra 225 shortly after coming across Sweet Pea. She's been great and all, but boy do I miss having that 455 roaring once in awhile!!! [:0] [^]
                          Though maybe I wouldn't miss all the gas stops, or maybe the pain in the pocketbook... [?] [V]

StudeDave [8D]
                          StudeDave '57
                          US Navy (retired)

SDC Member since 1985

past President
                          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                          San Diego Chapter SDC

Comment

Hey Bob... I just hafta know! Is a "Morton" building a mid-western term for what we Westerners (in the real West!) call a "Pole Building" or what? [:0]

Whatever it is, it's NICE! I am surprised that the City building code would let you build something THAT big in the City! [:0]

It sure doesn't look Rural like my 1 acre place, with a 32' X 84' Pole Building attached to a 24' X 36' Garage and a 19' X 36' Carport behind that! [^]

StudeRich
                            Studebakers Northwest
                            Ferndale, WA
                            StudeRich
                            Second Generation Stude Driver,
                            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Hey Bob... I just hafta know! Is a "Morton" building a mid-western term for what we Westerners (in the real West!) call a "Pole Building" or what? [:0]

Whatever it is, it's NICE! I am surprised that the City building code would let you build something THAT big in the City! [:0]

It sure doesn't look Rural like my 1 acre place, with a 32' X 84' Pole Building attached to a 24' X 36' Garage and a 19' X 36' Carport behind that! [^]

StudeRich
                              Studebakers Northwest
                              Ferndale, WA
                              StudeRich
                              Second Generation Stude Driver,
                              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
                              X