No announcement yet.

Tough looking old truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C'mon, Jack, tell us how you really feel, LOL. Funny when people go WAY over the top exaggerating about something- kinda takes away their credibility on the subject- like calling eBay Feebay or the like

I'm sorry a Champion engine took your birthday away... I'll try to remember to warn you not to look when I post about the flattie I'vegot coming from Cathcart

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

C'mon, Jack, tell us how you really feel, LOL. Funny when people go WAY over the top exaggerating about something- kinda takes away their credibility on the subject- like calling eBay Feebay or the like

I'm sorry a Champion engine took your birthday away... I'll try to remember to warn you not to look when I post about the flattie I'vegot coming from Cathcart

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Hi, Bob,

As always, your money, your choice. Over fifty years I have driven three generations of our famly-owned Studebaker farm trucks. I have loved every V8 and hated ever Champion six. Every time we forced a Champion to haul a working load up a hill or at highway speed, we could feel it was wearing itself out to no good effect. With the lack of power came no better fuel economy. The thought of using the Champion to move capacity of that one-ton did bring back bad memories.

I still drive a 1955 E12 which gets used hard regularly and hauls heavy loads often. The original V8 still has good compression. We would have been through at least two Champion rebuilds by now.

Using the contraction "Champ" on this forum in reference to Champion 6-cylinder engined trucks may deserve a rebuke. Back as far as I can remember, the farmers I worked with used: "champ six, big six, little V8 (232-224") big V8 (259-289")" as shorthand to denote which engine was in which truck. I'll be more accurate in the future.

thnx, jv

PackardV8
        PackardV8

Comment

Hi, Bob,

As always, your money, your choice. Over fifty years I have driven three generations of our famly-owned Studebaker farm trucks. I have loved every V8 and hated ever Champion six. Every time we forced a Champion to haul a working load up a hill or at highway speed, we could feel it was wearing itself out to no good effect. With the lack of power came no better fuel economy. The thought of using the Champion to move capacity of that one-ton did bring back bad memories.

I still drive a 1955 E12 which gets used hard regularly and hauls heavy loads often. The original V8 still has good compression. We would have been through at least two Champion rebuilds by now.

Using the contraction "Champ" on this forum in reference to Champion 6-cylinder engined trucks may deserve a rebuke. Back as far as I can remember, the farmers I worked with used: "champ six, big six, little V8 (232-224") big V8 (259-289")" as shorthand to denote which engine was in which truck. I'll be more accurate in the future.

thnx, jv

PackardV8
          PackardV8

Comment

Working...
          X