No announcement yet.

Zip Van Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matthew's family can't take the credit for restoring the van in the museum. Although it did belong to me (Matthew's grandpa), it was donated to the So. Ga. chapter S.D.C. The club members did all the work. Matthew was about 6 years old at the time. Restoring that van was the first project we undertook. We had a ball. NT

Neil Thornton
    Hazlehurst, GA
    '57 Silver Hawk
    '56 Sky Hawk
    '51 2R16 dump truck
    Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

Matthew's family can't take the credit for restoring the van in the museum. Although it did belong to me (Matthew's grandpa), it was donated to the So. Ga. chapter S.D.C. The club members did all the work. Matthew was about 6 years old at the time. Restoring that van was the first project we undertook. We had a ball. NT

Neil Thornton
      Hazlehurst, GA
      '57 Silver Hawk
      '56 Sky Hawk
      '51 2R16 dump truck
      Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

Looking forward to that new Olympic sport "sofa pushing" The Russians are favored of course, but will they pass the drug testing? *Perhaps one of our outstanding vendors could become the "official parts vendor" for the event. (*RSC....required studebaker content)

55 Commander
        58 Transtar
        62 GT Hawk
        66 Cruiser

Comment

Looking forward to that new Olympic sport "sofa pushing" The Russians are favored of course, but will they pass the drug testing? *Perhaps one of our outstanding vendors could become the "official parts vendor" for the event. (*RSC....required studebaker content)

55 Commander
          58 Transtar
          62 GT Hawk
          66 Cruiser

Comment

I owned a Zip Van for many years. I changed the engine in it (roll the subframe out from under the body) and painted it. With the (IIRC) 4.27:1 rear gearing, it was fairly quick at low speeds. About all that you would want to do comfortably in it is 45 MPH. It also takes a while to get used to driving a right hand drive vehicle with other traffic driving on the right side of the road. I found that I tended to drift toward the center of the road. It is the only vehicle that my dog didn't want to ride in. When I traded my Zip Van for a 1964 Daytona hardtop, I included many NOS Zip Van only parts.

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I owned a Zip Van for many years. I changed the engine in it (roll the subframe out from under the body) and painted it. With the (IIRC) 4.27:1 rear gearing, it was fairly quick at low speeds. About all that you would want to do comfortably in it is 45 MPH. It also takes a while to get used to driving a right hand drive vehicle with other traffic driving on the right side of the road. I found that I tended to drift toward the center of the road. It is the only vehicle that my dog didn't want to ride in. When I traded my Zip Van for a 1964 Daytona hardtop, I included many NOS Zip Van only parts.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

quote:Originally posted by HookedonStudies

How about this one?

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by HookedonStudies

How about this one?

Craig

Comment

Only in America would they have done that LOL.

John Clements
                    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
                    Lockleys South Australia
                    John Clements
                    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

John Clements
                      Lockleys South Australia
                      John Clements
                      Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

quote:Originally posted by avantilover

John Clements
                        Lockleys South Australia
                        Yeah, because they never do wacky stuff in Australia [)]

--george

Comment

quote:Originally posted by avantilover

John Clements
                          Lockleys South Australia
                          Yeah, because they never do wacky stuff in Australia [)]

--george

Comment

Craig, somehow I knew that you would be the one to find a comparable event. [)]

Comment

Craig, somehow I knew that you would be the one to find a comparable event. [)]

Comment

Working...
                              X