ebay bidders health issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebay bidders health issues

The ebay bidders seem to have more health issues then the general population. On occasion, when someone wins one of my auctions, mom, dad, or the wife are stricken with some malady that prevent the bidder from completing the purchase. This just happened on on of my cars on ebay. Not only did a phone call come in about a family member, but it happened between the time he placed several bids with two minutes to go and the end of the auction. The good news is, if I'll hold the car, he'll take it at some point the future. ( yea right)

JDP/Maryland
    64 R2 GT cost to date
    $60,222.25
    63 GT Hawk
    63 Lark 2 door
    59 Scotsman
    54 Starlight
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Which car? Hopefully not a high-dollar one!

Do you leave negative feedback as a matter of course in these situations, or do you just shrug it off and move on.

I have sold hundreds of items on ebay (primarily old Jazz LPs, vintage vaccum tube audio gear and vacuum tubes). I run into this with high-dollar vintage audio gear (McIntosh, Marantz, etc) and super-rare Blue Note LPs once in a while and I used to nail them with negative feedback, but in the last couple of year I just shrug and move on.

I see the Scotty sold for 2K--that guy got a heckuva deal. I almost bid on that one! I really REALLY liked the car when I saw it and I STILL like it A LOT--just nowhere to park it for now. I sure wish I didn't live at the beach on a 50 X 90 foot lot!! My 2-car garage already has a couple of non-operational cars in it . . .

If the Scotty deal fell through, let me know--I'll buy it for 2K and pay to store it somewhere . . .

Comment

Which car? Hopefully not a high-dollar one!

Do you leave negative feedback as a matter of course in these situations, or do you just shrug it off and move on.

I have sold hundreds of items on ebay (primarily old Jazz LPs, vintage vaccum tube audio gear and vacuum tubes). I run into this with high-dollar vintage audio gear (McIntosh, Marantz, etc) and super-rare Blue Note LPs once in a while and I used to nail them with negative feedback, but in the last couple of year I just shrug and move on.

I see the Scotty sold for 2K--that guy got a heckuva deal. I almost bid on that one! I really REALLY liked the car when I saw it and I STILL like it A LOT--just nowhere to park it for now. I sure wish I didn't live at the beach on a 50 X 90 foot lot!! My 2-car garage already has a couple of non-operational cars in it . . .

If the Scotty deal fell through, let me know--I'll buy it for 2K and pay to store it somewhere . . .

Comment

The Scotsman is paid for, and was a hell of a deal, but not so good for me. My other "health issue" guy out bid the Ok. collector that wires me the money the same day and did it in the last five minutes.(11K deal screwed) I'll tell that guy, he can either pay my $140 out of pocket listing fee, or I'll file a non paying bidder report to recover it from ebay. I won't neg him either way, he may have intended to buy it, then told the wife what he did for example.

JDP/Maryland
        64 R2 GT cost to date
        $60,222.25
        63 GT Hawk
        63 Lark 2 door
        59 Scotsman
        54 Starlight
        52 Starliner
        51 Commander
        39 Coupe express
        39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

The Scotsman is paid for, and was a hell of a deal, but not so good for me. My other "health issue" guy out bid the Ok. collector that wires me the money the same day and did it in the last five minutes.(11K deal screwed) I'll tell that guy, he can either pay my $140 out of pocket listing fee, or I'll file a non paying bidder report to recover it from ebay. I won't neg him either way, he may have intended to buy it, then told the wife what he did for example.

JDP/Maryland
          64 R2 GT cost to date
          $60,222.25
          63 GT Hawk
          63 Lark 2 door
          59 Scotsman
          54 Starlight
          52 Starliner
          51 Commander
          39 Coupe express
          39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I remember the guy who's dad died within an hour of him winning the '61 Lark we had up. No doubt dad expired from shame when he found out his kid had bought a Studebaker![xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I remember the guy who's dad died within an hour of him winning the '61 Lark we had up. No doubt dad expired from shame when he found out his kid had bought a Studebaker![xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Allan Songer

Do you leave negative feedback as a matter of course
                There is no percentage in leaving negative feedback. You will just get negative feedback in return from the buyer/seller you gave it to. If you can't work it out, just take your lumps and move on...usually you can work it out.

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Allan Songer

Do you leave negative feedback as a matter of course
                  There is no percentage in leaving negative feedback. You will just get negative feedback in return from the buyer/seller you gave it to. If you can't work it out, just take your lumps and move on...usually you can work it out.

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

I have negg'ed non paying bidders, and got one in return. When I protested to ebay, they removed the negative from me after they approved the non-paying bidder refund. I think a negative is in order to protect the next guy, but I'll see what happens with the bidder before taking the risk.

JDP/Maryland
                    64 R2 GT cost to date
                    $60,714.09
                    63 GT Hawk
                    63 Lark 2 door
                    59 Scotsman
                    54 Starlight
                    52 Starliner
                    51 Commander
                    39 Coupe express
                    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I have negg'ed non paying bidders, and got one in return. When I protested to ebay, they removed the negative from me after they approved the non-paying bidder refund. I think a negative is in order to protect the next guy, but I'll see what happens with the bidder before taking the risk.

JDP/Maryland
                      64 R2 GT cost to date
                      $60,714.09
                      63 GT Hawk
                      63 Lark 2 door
                      59 Scotsman
                      54 Starlight
                      52 Starliner
                      51 Commander
                      39 Coupe express
                      39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I had a non-paying bidder on my pickup this year. Within days of mine, this same bidder got negative feedback for not paying for another modified pickup. Since then, I have noticed that this guy has sold motorcycles and purchased other pickups. The guy said that he would pay my eBay fees. I have sent e-mails directly and through eBay and I have yet to see one dollar from him in three months.

Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I had a non-paying bidder on my pickup this year. Within days of mine, this same bidder got negative feedback for not paying for another modified pickup. Since then, I have noticed that this guy has sold motorcycles and purchased other pickups. The guy said that he would pay my eBay fees. I have sent e-mails directly and through eBay and I have yet to see one dollar from him in three months.

Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Well, i have some good news, my Oklahoma guy is going to wire me 11K for the car. That's $400 less then the highest bid, but he gets a deal after buying two others. I'm paying a $500 finders fee to a fellow that found the car and he asked how many more I can handle. Turns out there are 20 other Studebakers in a warehouse near him. Stay tuned.

JDP/Maryland
                            64 R2 GT cost to date
                            $60,714.09
                            63 GT Hawk
                            63 Lark 2 door
                            59 Scotsman
                            54 Starlight
                            52 Starliner
                            51 Commander
                            39 Coupe express
                            39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Well, i have some good news, my Oklahoma guy is going to wire me 11K for the car. That's $400 less then the highest bid, but he gets a deal after buying two others. I'm paying a $500 finders fee to a fellow that found the car and he asked how many more I can handle. Turns out there are 20 other Studebakers in a warehouse near him. Stay tuned.

JDP/Maryland
                              64 R2 GT cost to date
                              $60,714.09
                              63 GT Hawk
                              63 Lark 2 door
                              59 Scotsman
                              54 Starlight
                              52 Starliner
                              51 Commander
                              39 Coupe express
                              39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland