• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STOLEN STUDEBAKER ALERT (TX)

http://www.mineralwellsindex.com/loc...296094819.html
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Thanks for posting this Jeff. Seeing this gives me a thought that the Forum and its members could be of service when a Studebaker is stolen. Sort of an Amber Alert for Studebakers.

Here's how:

1. Like Jeff has done here, ALL members are encouraged to post a "Stolen Studebaker Alert" on this forum. If you are a non-registered forum lurker you can either register and post OR you can email me the info and I will post it for you. Obviously, the sooner the better applies.

When doing so, please use the heading: "Stolen Studebaker Alert: City, State" (just like Jeff has done)

2. Also, I will submit a brief notice for Turning Wheels to advise/remind SDC members about the "Stolen Studebaker Alert" and how to get it posted on the forum ASAP.

3. Along with that, either I, Jeff or ANY Chapter Editor can post the alert in the SDC Editor & Publisher Forum along with a recommendation that other editors (especially those in areas/states around the theft location) immediately forward the alert to its members with email addys. This, of course, would be at each editor's discretion but I'd guess most, if not all, would want to do this.

The more info the owner can provide the better: especially numbers, a picture, etc.

The above has been right off the top of my head so if there is a better/faster way to help get the word out about a stolen Studebaker, please offer your suggestion.

It's a bit of extra effort for those involved with probably just a slight chance of success... but IMO certainly worth trying.

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
    Woodbury, Minnesota
    sigpic
    Bob Shaw
    Rush City, Minnesota
    1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
    "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Thanks for posting this Jeff. Seeing this gives me a thought that the Forum and its members could be of service when a Studebaker is stolen. Sort of an Amber Alert for Studebakers.

Here's how:

1. Like Jeff has done here, ALL members are encouraged to post a "Stolen Studebaker Alert" on this forum. If you are a non-registered forum lurker you can either register and post OR you can email me the info and I will post it for you. Obviously, the sooner the better applies.

When doing so, please use the heading: "Stolen Studebaker Alert: City, State" (just like Jeff has done)

2. Also, I will submit a brief notice for Turning Wheels to advise/remind SDC members about the "Stolen Studebaker Alert" and how to get it posted on the forum ASAP.

3. Along with that, either I, Jeff or ANY Chapter Editor can post the alert in the SDC Editor & Publisher Forum along with a recommendation that other editors (especially those in areas/states around the theft location) immediately forward the alert to its members with email addys. This, of course, would be at each editor's discretion but I'd guess most, if not all, would want to do this.

The more info the owner can provide the better: especially numbers, a picture, etc.

The above has been right off the top of my head so if there is a better/faster way to help get the word out about a stolen Studebaker, please offer your suggestion.

It's a bit of extra effort for those involved with probably just a slight chance of success... but IMO certainly worth trying.

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
      Woodbury, Minnesota
      sigpic
      Bob Shaw
      Rush City, Minnesota
      1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
      "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Sent by email a link to this Topic to all Members of San Joaquin Valley Chapter

Mabel 1949 Champion
        1957 Silverhawk
        1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
        Gus 1958 Transtar
        1955 President State
        Fresno,Ca

Mabel 1949 Champion
        Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
        Gus 1958 Transtar
        The Prez 1955 President State
        Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
        Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
        Fresno,Ca

Comment

Sent by email a link to this Topic to all Members of San Joaquin Valley Chapter

Mabel 1949 Champion
          1957 Silverhawk
          1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
          Gus 1958 Transtar
          1955 President State
          Fresno,Ca

Mabel 1949 Champion
          Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
          Gus 1958 Transtar
          The Prez 1955 President State
          Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
          Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
          Fresno,Ca

Comment

Sounds like a really good idea Bob !

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Lewisville,NC
            1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
            Lewisville,NC

Comment

Sounds like a really good idea Bob !

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Lewisville,NC
              1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
              Lewisville,NC

Comment

The idea is good, but we have to be carefull. The last "stolen" Studebaker that I was trying to track down turned out to not be truly stolen but rather an estate dispute item. The vehicle was in the correct hands, but another family member was trying to get possession of the vehicle. I don't remember if that one was posted on the SDC Forum or not.

Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

The idea is good, but we have to be carefull. The last "stolen" Studebaker that I was trying to track down turned out to not be truly stolen but rather an estate dispute item. The vehicle was in the correct hands, but another family member was trying to get possession of the vehicle. I don't remember if that one was posted on the SDC Forum or not.

Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

STOLEN STUDEBAKER RECOVERED.

http://www.mineralwellsindex.com/loc...298093616.html

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

STOLEN STUDEBAKER RECOVERED.

http://www.mineralwellsindex.com/loc...298093616.html

Jeff

Comment

That is a good point.
                        Since I had 'vetted' this info based on a published newspaper article from a sheriff's department, I thought it prudent to post here.
                        Had it been 'word of mouth' some additional clarification would have been appropriate.
                        This does bring up a good point about recording serial numbers and keeping photo records of our Stude's though. Seems this car had a value of around a hundred bucks as scrap metal. There are some that will do most anything for that hundred bucks. (The alleged thief said he was going to cut it up for scrap).
                        Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by studegary

Gary L.

Jeff

Comment

That is a good point.
                          Since I had 'vetted' this info based on a published newspaper article from a sheriff's department, I thought it prudent to post here.
                          Had it been 'word of mouth' some additional clarification would have been appropriate.
                          This does bring up a good point about recording serial numbers and keeping photo records of our Stude's though. Seems this car had a value of around a hundred bucks as scrap metal. There are some that will do most anything for that hundred bucks. (The alleged thief said he was going to cut it up for scrap).
                          Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by studegary

Gary L.

Jeff

Comment

I wonder how much the theif (alleged) is worth as scrap?

Rather brazen to leave the car sitting in the drive way without reporting having found it to the authorities.

This is a great idea to post such stolen vehicles.

Joe Roberts
                            '61 R1 Champ
                            '65 Cruiser
                            Joe Roberts
                            '61 R1 Champ
                            '65 Cruiser
                            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I wonder how much the theif (alleged) is worth as scrap?

Rather brazen to leave the car sitting in the drive way without reporting having found it to the authorities.

This is a great idea to post such stolen vehicles.

Joe Roberts
                              '61 R1 Champ
                              '65 Cruiser
                              Joe Roberts
                              '61 R1 Champ
                              '65 Cruiser
                              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
                              X