No announcement yet.

San Diego & area members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a fire near there Bob, Its in Temecula. I'm over in Palm Springs, the smoke smell has made it over here. I hope they are OK.

Comment

There is a fire near there Bob, Its in Temecula. I'm over in Palm Springs, the smoke smell has made it over here. I hope they are OK.

Comment

Glad you (and the cars) are OK, Dave.

500,000 people evacuated. This is major

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Glad you (and the cars) are OK, Dave.

500,000 people evacuated. This is major

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma
            We have friends on Cardiff Ave in Murietta CA we have been unable to reach. Is that area threatened? BP
            Bob, I have a co-worker in Murietta and was in contact with her all day. Aside from the smoke, the area's in no immediate danger.

The air quality is horrendous. Here's what it looked like outside my house at 7AM...

...and here's what it looked like at 7PM.

And Oceanside has some of the cleaner air in the county.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
            '63 F2/Lark Standard
            http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
            www.studebakersandiego.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

We have friends on Cardiff Ave in Murietta CA we have been unable to reach. Is that area threatened? BP
              Bob, I have a co-worker in Murietta and was in contact with her all day. Aside from the smoke, the area's in no immediate danger.

The air quality is horrendous. Here's what it looked like outside my house at 7AM...

...and here's what it looked like at 7PM.

And Oceanside has some of the cleaner air in the county.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
              '63 F2/Lark Standard

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Thank you all for your concern.
                I'm good~ others maybe not so much~ pray for them, not me...

One other note here. In all my watching and listening today I heard Mimi H. (a.k.a. 9Gwoman) on the radio (maybe tv broadcast on the radio?) and she talked about trying to get her 'classic cars' out of there if need be. It sounded to me that the fires were very close to her place. [:0] I had no luck reaching her or husband Bob, though. [V]
                I'm sure there are others that we should be worried for as well...

StudeDave [8D]
                StudeDave '57
                US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                SDC Member since 1985

past President
                Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                San Diego Chapter SDC
                North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Thank you all for your concern.
                  I'm good~ others maybe not so much~ pray for them, not me...

One other note here. In all my watching and listening today I heard Mimi H. (a.k.a. 9Gwoman) on the radio (maybe tv broadcast on the radio?) and she talked about trying to get her 'classic cars' out of there if need be. It sounded to me that the fires were very close to her place. [:0] I had no luck reaching her or husband Bob, though. [V]
                  I'm sure there are others that we should be worried for as well...

StudeDave [8D]
                  StudeDave '57
                  US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                  SDC Member since 1985

past President
                  Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                  San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                  San Diego Chapter SDC
                  North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Of course, lives are the primary focus in a debacle like this, but listening to some of the survivors tell of their harrowing escapes, you just KNOW some neat old vehicles (not necessarily Studebakers) probably bought it. I can't imagine trying to cope with something like that. I think alot of us harbor what, in effect, are mini-museums of vintage stuff and family heirlooms that we'd hate to see lost.[V] A for instance would be my horn button collection. I doubt it could ever be assembled again - especially since I have some prototype buttons. Not the end of the world if they were reduced to ashes, but I'd rather they survived me.[|)]

Miscreant adrift in
                    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Of course, lives are the primary focus in a debacle like this, but listening to some of the survivors tell of their harrowing escapes, you just KNOW some neat old vehicles (not necessarily Studebakers) probably bought it. I can't imagine trying to cope with something like that. I think alot of us harbor what, in effect, are mini-museums of vintage stuff and family heirlooms that we'd hate to see lost.[V] A for instance would be my horn button collection. I doubt it could ever be assembled again - especially since I have some prototype buttons. Not the end of the world if they were reduced to ashes, but I'd rather they survived me.[|)]

Miscreant adrift in
                      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by showbizkid

Clark in San Diego
                        '63 F2/Lark Standard
                        Thanks, Clark. We got an e-mail from our friends this morning. They said they are so far "in" the city of Murietta that they are only bothered with smoke and ash, that the fires seemed to be threatening mostly homes surrounded by brush and trees, etc...of which they have none and are far from same.

Still, they are transplanted midwesterners who always wanted to escape the snow and ice of their native Rockford IL and live in the land of milk & honey, so there they are! (I had told him I thought his fall frivolity had gotten out of hand, that this was not a midwestern hayride and weenie roast!) [:0] BP
                        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by showbizkid

Clark in San Diego
                          '63 F2/Lark Standard
                          Thanks, Clark. We got an e-mail from our friends this morning. They said they are so far "in" the city of Murietta that they are only bothered with smoke and ash, that the fires seemed to be threatening mostly homes surrounded by brush and trees, etc...of which they have none and are far from same.

Still, they are transplanted midwesterners who always wanted to escape the snow and ice of their native Rockford IL and live in the land of milk & honey, so there they are! (I had told him I thought his fall frivolity had gotten out of hand, that this was not a midwestern hayride and weenie roast!) [:0] BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Miscreant adrift in
                            the BerStuda Triangle

Bob/MrBiggs - I agree with you that lives are the important thing. I did hear of a guy in CA that restores cars and then sells them. He just finished up a 1957 Thunderbird and brought it home from his shop a couple of days ago. It and his home burned up. Last night I got thinking about a fire. It is true that the house and contents are just stuff, but much of what is here is not replaceable, like generations of family stuff and my automotive items that include one of a kind and rare items.

Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Miscreant adrift in
                              the BerStuda Triangle

Bob/MrBiggs - I agree with you that lives are the important thing. I did hear of a guy in CA that restores cars and then sells them. He just finished up a 1957 Thunderbird and brought it home from his shop a couple of days ago. It and his home burned up. Last night I got thinking about a fire. It is true that the house and contents are just stuff, but much of what is here is not replaceable, like generations of family stuff and my automotive items that include one of a kind and rare items.

Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Ok So how is everybody today? We need an update. Thanks

Mabel 1949 Champion
                                1957 Silverhawk
                                1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
                                Gus 1958 Transtar
                                1955 President State
                                Fresno,Ca

Mabel 1949 Champion
                                Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                                Gus 1958 Transtar
                                The Prez 1955 President State
                                Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                                Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe