Arizona Truck Sale Help? $2000 obo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona Truck Sale Help? $2000 obo?

Greetings from a visitor from a Land Rover & a Delorean group. I am trying to help my cousin who ended up in hospice sell his 1950 Studebaker truck. I know nothing about this vehicle but I have pictures. Any suggestions would be very appreciated. The truck is located near Tucson Arizona. The engine is rebuilt but has not been reinstalled and is in the bed. He broke his leg 3 months ago and when they tried to repair it, they discovered he was going to have to go to hospice. He is hoping to sell it for $3600.00 but I have no idea what is realistic. I think 2000.00 would be great and help with Any links to a local Arizona Studebaker club or helpful leads would help. Thanks in advance. Lang Hill lhill@porterhousestation.com Toll Free Phone 800 237 5625 I run a small cattle ranch and often phone messages go to my voice mail.

Here are the local SDC chapters in Arizona...

http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/lc_AZ.asp

To be worth $3600 with the engine in the bed, it would have to be a pretty special truck otherwise.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Here are the local SDC chapters in Arizona...

http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/lc_AZ.asp

To be worth $3600 with the engine in the bed, it would have to be a pretty special truck otherwise.

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Dick, thanks for the heads up. I posted a photo to the posting. I appreciate any recommendations as to what are the reasonable options here. We are trying to convert our cattle operation to use as much diesel as possible so I am not really interested. I have however always been a fan of the Studebaker coupes, beautiful cars. Lang Hill

Comment

Dick, thanks for the heads up. I posted a photo to the posting. I appreciate any recommendations as to what are the reasonable options here. We are trying to convert our cattle operation to use as much diesel as possible so I am not really interested. I have however always been a fan of the Studebaker coupes, beautiful cars. Lang Hill

Comment

Sorry about your cousin.

I hate to say this, but the truck is most likely worth hundreds of dollars...not thousands.

Here's a new (not rebuilt) motor (the same as what came in the truck) and he can't even get a $50 opening bid.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...182365161&rd=1

If the truck is rust free (and it looks like it might not be judging by what I think I see at the front of the door and the cab corner), then maybe somebody in one of the local chapters would be interested in it. I don't think folks are going to come very far or pay a lot for transport for this one.

Just my 2 cents. I could easily (and hopefully) be wrong.

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Sorry about your cousin.

I hate to say this, but the truck is most likely worth hundreds of dollars...not thousands.

Here's a new (not rebuilt) motor (the same as what came in the truck) and he can't even get a $50 opening bid.

If the truck is rust free (and it looks like it might not be judging by what I think I see at the front of the door and the cab corner), then maybe somebody in one of the local chapters would be interested in it. I don't think folks are going to come very far or pay a lot for transport for this one.

Just my 2 cents. I could easily (and hopefully) be wrong.

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

I agree with Dick, this truck has rust which is unusual for a Southwest truck. For the type of money you mentioned people will want a running and driving truck in good condition. With the cost of installing the motor, fixing the rust, paint and interior work this truck will need to be priced much lower to entice a buyer.

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

I agree with Dick, this truck has rust which is unusual for a Southwest truck. For the type of money you mentioned people will want a running and driving truck in good condition. With the cost of installing the motor, fixing the rust, paint and interior work this truck will need to be priced much lower to entice a buyer.

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

You made me look!

Actually, it's only a block and pistons.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                    Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

You made me look!

Actually, it's only a block and pistons.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Man, what a great forum and membership. I spoke to the Pres & Tres of the Southern Arizona group and the feed back is all the same. But I am so thankful for the help. I don't know the specifics of this model, however I saw a few other 50's trucks for sale and saw their prices. I am lowering the price to 2000.oo or best offer.

Comment

Man, what a great forum and membership. I spoke to the Pres & Tres of the Southern Arizona group and the feed back is all the same. But I am so thankful for the help. I don't know the specifics of this model, however I saw a few other 50's trucks for sale and saw their prices. I am lowering the price to 2000.oo or best offer.

Comment

Based on the pictures and what I've seen comparables sell for, I'm guessing it won't sell until the price is in the $3-500 range... not trying to hurt your feelings, just trying to save you a little time.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Based on the pictures and what I've seen comparables sell for, I'm guessing it won't sell until the price is in the $3-500 range... not trying to hurt your feelings, just trying to save you a little time.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                              X