No announcement yet.

53 sedan available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My error. I will blame the bumpers on the two vendors who told me they were unique to C & Ks and therefore more costly. I saw the grill bars and assumed shells, also my error. I've been off looking at 8 Studes in an upcoming auction.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Bothcars1.jpg[/img=left]
    Tom Bredehoft
    '53 Commander Coupe
    '60 Lark VI
    '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
    All three Indiana built OD cars

Comment

I'm keeping a casual eye open for a nice 55 4 door...

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I'm keeping a casual eye open for a nice 55 4 door...

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Bob, did you keep track of that pertty 55 Comm sedan that was on ebay? I'm wondering what it closed at.

OK, I looked it up. darn shame - never made reserve. Whar's that fella with the '51 LC.
          There's NO WAY you could make a car equal to this for the mere $5100 that was top bid. I wish it was mine, but I'm sellin', not buyin'.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1955-...QQcmdZViewItem

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Bob, did you keep track of that pertty 55 Comm sedan that was on ebay? I'm wondering what it closed at.

OK, I looked it up. darn shame - never made reserve. Whar's that fella with the '51 LC.
            There's NO WAY you could make a car equal to this for the mere $5100 that was top bid. I wish it was mine, but I'm sellin', not buyin'.

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

CANNIBALS! That sedan looks like it has potential. I know, it's not a C/K but, haven't we all lamented the loss of the lesser models? Haven't members on this Forum expressed their appreciation of the fine ride these sedans provided? I'm not in the market but I say remove as little as necessary and offer the potential to someone who may not be able to afford the high end restoration; could make a good car for a future SDC member. Maybe make it available to a Vo-tech or high school auto shop. Generate our future.

Brad Johnson
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
              "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10,
              '51 Commander Starlight,
              '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
              '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

CANNIBALS! That sedan looks like it has potential. I know, it's not a C/K but, haven't we all lamented the loss of the lesser models? Haven't members on this Forum expressed their appreciation of the fine ride these sedans provided? I'm not in the market but I say remove as little as necessary and offer the potential to someone who may not be able to afford the high end restoration; could make a good car for a future SDC member. Maybe make it available to a Vo-tech or high school auto shop. Generate our future.

Brad Johnson
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10,
                '51 Commander Starlight,
                '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
                '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Brad, if only it were that easy. I'm not tryin' to spoil Dick's soup here, but if you were offered it for free, would it be at your house soon?
                  High School auto shops probably wouldn't want it since it's nothing like what they'd encounter in today's world of unbolt the bent and bolt on new.
                  Don't get me wrong, it's these "lesser" cars that I tend to gravitate to at meets. Primarily because they ARE passed over most of the time and even tho their production numbers were usually the highest, their survivabilty doesn't work out the same.[V]

I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Brad, if only it were that easy. I'm not tryin' to spoil Dick's soup here, but if you were offered it for free, would it be at your house soon?
                    High School auto shops probably wouldn't want it since it's nothing like what they'd encounter in today's world of unbolt the bent and bolt on new.
                    Don't get me wrong, it's these "lesser" cars that I tend to gravitate to at meets. Primarily because they ARE passed over most of the time and even tho their production numbers were usually the highest, their survivabilty doesn't work out the same.[V]

I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Miscreant adrift in
                    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Yeah, it was on my watch list... I was waiting for you to get it, then I'd fly down and drive it halfway to you, and you'd pick it up and finish the trip

I liked that car a lot... I backed off it as I thought I had made a deal to buy Kent's 61 Cruiser, but that fell through; wasn't looking to pay that much for it anyway...

Still got a slot in my building burning a hole in my pocket

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Yeah, it was on my watch list... I was waiting for you to get it, then I'd fly down and drive it halfway to you, and you'd pick it up and finish the trip

I liked that car a lot... I backed off it as I thought I had made a deal to buy Kent's 61 Cruiser, but that fell through; wasn't looking to pay that much for it anyway...

Still got a slot in my building burning a hole in my pocket

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                        X