November Turning Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November Turning Wheels

My latest TW came last Saturday, and was I surprised to find my fellow Ferndale resident (neighbor) Brian Curtis' '66 Daytona Sport Sedan (rare 194 engine) that Brian photo'd RIGHT DIRECTLY ACROSS THE STREET from my house and the Studebakers Northwest warehouse, ON THE COVER!! [^][] -Nice Fall season picture Art!

Somehow it unfortunately got labeled a "Commander", but I suppose that is pretty common with people like Art Unger and myself having owned so many '64 or '65 Lark types, and being used to seeing the bodyline mounted, full length bodyside mouldings on the top of the line models! and NOT on others[^]
    Of course 1966's are the exception! [V]

I don't really want to hear about how LATE you non-first class guys get your copy! -Get first class!!

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

I live a little more than 100 miles as the crow flies from Good Printers where Turning Wheels comes off the press. I wonder what sort of circuitous route it takes to get over the mountain and arrive after folks in Washington (state not D.C.) have theirs?

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

I live a little more than 100 miles as the crow flies from Good Printers where Turning Wheels comes off the press. I wonder what sort of circuitous route it takes to get over the mountain and arrive after folks in Washington (state not D.C.) have theirs?

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

November TW? I just got my October last tuesday.

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

November TW? I just got my October last tuesday.

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

BTW, Brian has completed the installation of a crate 350 into his '66 to replace the tired Chevy 6. He bought a donor V8 '66 car to get all the right parts (including the water cooled FOM). It is a VERY nice running car [].

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

BTW, Brian has completed the installation of a crate 350 into his '66 to replace the tired Chevy 6. He bought a donor V8 '66 car to get all the right parts (including the water cooled FOM). It is a VERY nice running car [].

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Yes, Brian comes up with some nice photos. And, yes, it's a Daytona. I have NO IDEA why I called it a Commander. The old age thing is happening.

I will have a correction in the December issue. Sorry Brian.

Art

Comment

Yes, Brian comes up with some nice photos. And, yes, it's a Daytona. I have NO IDEA why I called it a Commander. The old age thing is happening.

I will have a correction in the December issue. Sorry Brian.

Art

Comment

Rich - You think that is quick <G>?
                    Last week, I wrote to Art about the model name mix up and to Richard about the Almanac and got responses back from both of them already.
                    Actually, I am about 2600 miles (estimated) closer to Bridgewater, VA than you are and I received TW on the same day that you did. There is no figuring the USPS.

Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Rich - You think that is quick <G>?
                      Last week, I wrote to Art about the model name mix up and to Richard about the Almanac and got responses back from both of them already.
                      Actually, I am about 2600 miles (estimated) closer to Bridgewater, VA than you are and I received TW on the same day that you did. There is no figuring the USPS.

Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

My latest TW came last Saturday...
                        Mine arrived today (10/26). Beautiful fall foliage pictures on all the covers, especially the front with the Commander!

<h4>Last Man Standing in Studebaker Indiana</h4>

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

My latest TW came last Saturday...
                          Mine arrived today (10/26). Beautiful fall foliage pictures on all the covers, especially the front with the Commander!

<h4>Last Man Standing in Studebaker Indiana</h4>

Comment

Art says:"I will have a correction in the December issue."

Yes, as well as yet another masterpiece photo on at least one cover.

Miscreant adrift in
                            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                            1960 Larkvertible V8
                            1958 Provincial wagon
                            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Art says:"I will have a correction in the December issue."

Yes, as well as yet another masterpiece photo on at least one cover.

Miscreant adrift in
                              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                              X