Missing 50's Hood Ornament Found!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing 50's Hood Ornament Found!

A couple of weeks ago I posted a request for help identifying a lost hood ornament resembling the one used on '55 Chevrolets. It was part of custom work done 50 years ago on our '53 Studebird. By a series of strange and fortuitous events all turned out well. The ornament was never picked up from the chrome shop by my organizationally-challenged resto guy. The owner of the chrome shop gave it to a car shop owner friend who is a Chevy guy. This last Saturday I was in this same car shop as I had been told he had an ornament similar to the one that had been lost. After hearing my sad tale he informed me that he had our ornament! He was glad to return it to me. He could have made money by not letting on. Fortunately, he is a man of integrity. His name is John Young, owner of Desert Auto in Yuma, AZ. And so all is well that ends well.

Tim '53 Studebird in Yuma, AZ
    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
    jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

And, said ornament turns out to be...
    Pictures please, preferably remounted where you remember it to be.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

And, said ornament turns out to be...
      Pictures please, preferably remounted where you remember it to be.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Sorry, forgot to mention that it is indeed a '55 Chevrolet ornament. The holes where it was mounted are intact so no problem there. Pictures coming in a few weeks when work being done at another location is finished. Stude purists will probably not be impressed while others may be surprised how much a '53 Commander can end up looking like a stretched out mid 50's T-Bird.

Comment

Sorry, forgot to mention that it is indeed a '55 Chevrolet ornament. The holes where it was mounted are intact so no problem there. Pictures coming in a few weeks when work being done at another location is finished. Stude purists will probably not be impressed while others may be surprised how much a '53 Commander can end up looking like a stretched out mid 50's T-Bird.

Comment

Working...
          X