$250.00 BIN for a '57 pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $250.00 BIN for a '57 pickup

If anyone is close to Missouri this one appears to be a good deal for parts at the asking price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1957-...spagenameZWDVW

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Looks like it has later model full flow engine with alternator.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Looks like it has later model full flow engine with alternator.
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

If I were closer, I'd already have given it a home - not that I need it, just because.[:I]

It DOES look like a late V8, but it looks like a remote cartridge type oil filter cannister in the upper left of that photo. Of course, I ran across an 8E refridgerated truck awhile back that had it's original Ful-flo 289 with a bypass plate where the filter mount went and lines to a remote, partial-flo filter mounted on the left inner fender panel.
        How many of you have even seen the little cast iron blanking plate that goes where the full-flo's filter mount would normally be? I've run across two engines fitted with such thru the years.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

If I were closer, I'd already have given it a home - not that I need it, just because.[:I]

It DOES look like a late V8, but it looks like a remote cartridge type oil filter cannister in the upper left of that photo. Of course, I ran across an 8E refridgerated truck awhile back that had it's original Ful-flo 289 with a bypass plate where the filter mount went and lines to a remote, partial-flo filter mounted on the left inner fender panel.
          How many of you have even seen the little cast iron blanking plate that goes where the full-flo's filter mount would normally be? I've run across two engines fitted with such thru the years.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Gotta like the VW parking lamps![:0]

<h5>Mark
            '57 Transtar
            3E-6/7-122
            </h5>

Mark Hayden
            '66 Commander
            Zone Coordinator
            Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Gotta like the VW parking lamps![:0]

<h5>Mark
              '57 Transtar
              3E-6/7-122
              </h5>

Mark Hayden
              '66 Commander
              Zone Coordinator
              Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

If anyone is close to Missouri this one appears to be a good deal for parts at the asking price.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Same eBay seller has a Champ pickup with a $2500 BIN. And it looks like it was originally Omaha Orange.....you listening, Matt? &lt;g&gt;

Paul

Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: http://hometown.aol.com/r1skytop/myhomepage/index.html
                Paul
                Winston-Salem, NC
                Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Same eBay seller has a Champ pickup with a $2500 BIN. And it looks like it was originally Omaha Orange.....you listening, Matt? &lt;g&gt;

Paul

Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: http://hometown.aol.com/r1skytop/myhomepage/index.html
                  Paul
                  Winston-Salem, NC
                  Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Working...
                  X