1953 / 1954 Stude Coupe Roof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Makes me wince to think about the TWO coupe roofs I sent to scrap metal awhile back. Hated to do it, but since they're the last thing to rust out, I decided they'd never find a use in my lifetime.[V]
    No way, Bob! That's so out of character for you to scrap a good Stude part. I feel so disillusioned now...[V]

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
    The Red-Headed Amazon
    Deep in the heart of Texas

Paul Simpson
    "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
    The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Makes me wince to think about the TWO coupe roofs I sent to scrap metal awhile back. Hated to do it, but since they're the last thing to rust out, I decided they'd never find a use in my lifetime.[V]
      No way, Bob! That's so out of character for you to scrap a good Stude part. I feel so disillusioned now...[V]

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
      The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
      "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
      The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

It wasn't easy for me to fess up about that, Paul. Thing is, the doc says that if I get that episode off my chest, I'm on the road to recovery. Besides, he's got me on stronger meds now and it's working - maybe TOO well.[B)] I'm into saving and recycling anything and everything. The wife's gettin' irked with all the used tissues and TP that's pilin' up! If I use a toothpick and it doesn't splinter, I wash it and use it again. So you can see that even tho I took a brief tumble, I've gotten back on the wagon once again.
        Anyone got any tips for re-rubbering spent A-arm bushings???[:I]

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

It wasn't easy for me to fess up about that, Paul. Thing is, the doc says that if I get that episode off my chest, I'm on the road to recovery. Besides, he's got me on stronger meds now and it's working - maybe TOO well.[B)] I'm into saving and recycling anything and everything. The wife's gettin' irked with all the used tissues and TP that's pilin' up! If I use a toothpick and it doesn't splinter, I wash it and use it again. So you can see that even tho I took a brief tumble, I've gotten back on the wagon once again.
          Anyone got any tips for re-rubbering spent A-arm bushings???[:I]

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52 Ragtop

James,
            It's NOT that hard to do! Get all of the trim off including headliner and interior. Look around the edges for spot welds, first drill them out with an 1/8" drill bit, then buy a good spot weld drill bit,
            I highly recommend Eastwood's spotweld drill bit. Its already has a small centering bit, so no pre-drilling with a 1/8" bit is required, and leaves a nice, clean shear on the 'good' part that your saving.

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52 Ragtop

James,
              It's NOT that hard to do! Get all of the trim off including headliner and interior. Look around the edges for spot welds, first drill them out with an 1/8" drill bit, then buy a good spot weld drill bit,
              I highly recommend Eastwood's spotweld drill bit. Its already has a small centering bit, so no pre-drilling with a 1/8" bit is required, and leaves a nice, clean shear on the 'good' part that your saving.

Craig

Comment

Working...
              X