Just north of Atlanta.
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

No, but I'm certain it would have a Ford 289 under the hood
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Yes, but it has a Studebaker carburetor... and of course, the Gran Tourismo model were much better suited for touring the country side that the original Gran Turismo models. If it actually is powered by a 259, that would be a pretty rare bird also... Just sayin'
      (Just a little Studebaker humour)
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander
      Zone Coordinator
      Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Is a hawk considered a falcon?
        Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
        50 Champion 2 door*
        53 Commander K Auto*
        53 Commander K overdrive*
        55 President Speedster
        62 GT 4Speed*
        63 Avanti R1*
        64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Maybe he is just in football mood. I mean the Hawks' season is over lol.
          Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
          Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
          Lizella, GA

Comment

That horribly incorrect Stark White Paint and non-available Bone White Interior, plus the 259 would kill it for me if I were in the market.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Here's a 1928 Studebaker Whip. Yeah, it's a Whippet.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/4636052989.html

Comment

Written by the girl in the office and she knew the boss said it was some kind of bird.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                  ... the 259 would kill it for me ...
                  The ad does say 289. Maybe they were just confused by the "Falcon" medallion on the deck lid.
                  "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

I get so tired of everyone with no knowledge saying the Stude 289 was built by Ford. I would love to have one of each opened up for the Ford lovers. I owned a 66 Ford with a 289 and I have not owned a Ford since because of that engine. Found On Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily, .... It lived up to its sayings. And the interior and exterior of a Ford and Stude are quite different. Stude was LF #1 and Ford of that time was RF #1.

Comment

The Hawks had the Studebaker 289, whereas the Falcons used the Ford 289...Studebaker could not keep up with demand and had no choice but to outsource the engines...These were for export only and that is why they are very rarely seen in the US...My guess is that a serviceman came across it while stationed abroad and shipped it back to the states when his tour was over...There should be a "FX 289" on the production order which would verify it's Ford origin.

Comment

Stude came out with the 289 in 1956. When the 1965 Mustang came out with the 289 to replace the 260, they contracted with Studebaker to buy Studes 289s. People all believe ford used their own 289 when in fact they were bought from Studebaker. Just look under the hood of a Mustang and then under the hood of a Studebaker. The engines are identical. Both have a carburetor.

Comment

Yeah, But... the Ford engine is installed backwards,with the distributor in the front.

Comment

That paint doesn't do anything for me or the car. Seats look fine to me {correct pleating} but my vanilla colored leather interior by Jim Lawrence is fine as wine to me. This one, the pleats on the door panels are wider than the seat pleats. Maybe the workings of 2 different shops. Might be a pretty good car but if I was in the market for a GT, this one I'd have to see it in person before I hit the buy-it-now at that price or even lower.. I've bought 2 turn key Studes on e bay from description and pictures. Both times completely satisfied. cheers jimmijim
                            Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                            That horribly incorrect Stark White Paint and non-available Bone White Interior, plus the 259 would kill it for me if I were in the market.
                            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I guess Studebaker had the 289 before Ford, so it would be possible they had the Falcon before Ford as well..

Comment

Working...
                              X