Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! Need to locate Whistler photo info post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
    Did you remember Speed Mechanics as being the name...and if not, for what did you search?
    I remembered it being 'Speed Mechanics', and a June issue, and entered 'mechanics+june', and came up with the result, and then just knew it would not be very many pages back in the long-running 'Studes in Roadside America' thread.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Super, Craig; thanks so much. No wonder I couldn't find it; I was looking for Speed Age, not Speed Mechanics.

Did you remember Speed Mechanics as being the name...and if not, for what did you search?

Thanks again. BP

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Post 3086 http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...mechanics+june

Craig

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    started a topic HELP! Need to locate Whistler photo info post.

HELP! Need to locate Whistler photo info post.

Hello, all;

Who informed me that this famous Whistler photo in a 1963 pulp magazine came from Speed Mechanics?

This photo, which we've all seen:

I didn't remember the magazine from which I cut it out 51 years ago, but a poster here confirmed it was from Speed Mechanics.

I have tried to locate his post/reference and cannot find it. I want to credit him and set the record straight in the up-coming November Turning Wheels Co-Operator, on which I am now working.

Can anyone here (including the person who correctly cited Speed Mechanics, if you read this) please link me to that post? I have tried a number of searches using various words and cannot for the life of me find that post/reference.

Any help or citation would be appreciated. Thanks. BP
    Last edited by BobPalma; 08-26-2014, 11:08 AM. Reason: corrected magazine title
Working...
X