No announcement yet.

1961 Champ - T-Cab - 6Es - forum registry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick, I took a couple of photos of the back but that part of the cab is in shadow so I can't tell. If I get an opportunity to drive out that way again I will stop and take a look.
    I just pulled one of the photos of the rear of the truck into my photo editor software and lightened it up to remove the shadow. I zoomed in on that section of the cab and there appear to be NO indents above the glass.
    Last edited by Commander Eddie; 07-15-2019, 12:57 PM.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

• 6E7-16034 112wb 259 4bbl

Click image for larger version  Name:	fb image 2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	160.5 KB ID:	1729252Click image for larger version  Name:	fb image 1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	131.9 KB ID:	1729253Click image for larger version  Name:	fb image 3 - Edited.jpg Views:	1 Size:	136.2 KB ID:	1729254
      Last edited by ChampCouple; 12-03-2019, 06:15 PM.
      Mike and Dawn

'61 Champ

Comment

• Thanks for the info - not sure if you noticed, but there were only five other 6E7s produced after yours - you might have the last one that is still around. Production order would show the date it was built. Thanks again.

Comment

• Interesting, I didn't know that.
          I need to order a production order.
          Mike and Dawn

'61 Champ

Comment

• Here is a 6E-5-112, VIN 132133. Another parts trucks brought home as a donor.Click image for larger version

Name:	6E5-112.jpeg
Views:	79
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1817441
            George

Comment

• 6E5-130018 - 122 WB - T6 cab - posted for sale on Studebaker Addicts Facebook page

Hard to saw what was original and not - let photos speak for themselves...

Comment

• It's nice that they mowed the grass . . . .
                Skip Lackie

Comment

• Hi everyone!
                  I just bought a 1961 champ and am making a list of what's it's going to take to get it running. Here's the truck info, serial E12-4819 Model 6E12-122 Cab 6E-T4 Engine VK331 This truck was a Cal Trans truck. The guy I bought it from got the truck with no bed on it but said it originally had a utility bed. The guy he bought it from had two former Cal trans champs and took the bed off of my truck because the other champ was in better shape. It has a V8, automatic trans, aftermarket brake booster, and an aftermarket transmission oil cooler installed under the passenger side floor board/ seat area. The truck currently has car doors on it but I bought a set of champ doors from the same seller, which also came off of a cal trans champ

Comment

• Actually what you "Think" is Aftermarket is probably NOT!
                    Studebaker added those H.D. components on Fleet Trucks when ordered, and all Borg Warner H.D. Flight-O-Matics in late model Trucks had the Special remote Trans. Cooler.

If it is a Bendix Hydrovac Booster it may also be a Standard Stude. Option without seeing it, not sure.

Your Full Flow Oil Filter Engine is a replacement 259 c.i.d. V8 from a 1964 Car, assembled Oct. 31, 1963 (Happy Halloween!)

That fits perfectly with the Omaha Orange Paint the Cal Trans Champs were Ordered with.

When I delivered a New one to them, I had to push the Accelerator gently, because with the Low Gear Start Automatic and a Twin Traction (I THINK) 3.73 Diff. it would "Lay Rubber" easily!

Does it still have the "Tethered" Gas Cap on a Chain?
                    Last edited by StudeRich; 03-31-2020, 06:01 PM.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

• Hi, I'm curious where the tethered gas cap chain was attached to. Someone has replaced it with a locking gas cap. I just crawled under the truck, it is a full flow block but there is a block off plate where the oil filter would be. It has an upside down spin on filter bolted to the oil filter pipe. Also I did some online research, the brake booster is a Midland Ross unit, looks like parts are still available for them. The motor mount is missing on the drivers side, the engine is hard mounted to the frame on that side with pieces of angle iron. The mount on the right side is pretty cobbled together also. I appreciate the information, I'm really looking forward to getting this truck running again

Comment

• 62champ
                        62champ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        For the gas cap, see if there might be a small hole in the body near the filler. iIRC, I think it was a small linked chain that was attached to the center of the cap and then attached to the cab a short distance away. Good luck.
                    Working...
                    X