• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you still have the drum brakes?

Comment

Originally posted by WLB View Post
      the number is P444I3
      As you already know from Post #73, the BLOCK IS or WAS a 289, if it still has it's Dished Pistons and 289 Crank.

But from our V8 Engine I.D. Page here:
      http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/V8EngineID.asp

You find that it is a 1957 Car Engine from a '57 President or Silver Hawk.

I see that it does have Late 1962 to 1964 Valve Covers with Oil Filler Caps, giving you THREE ways to Fill it and let the crankcase breathe.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I notice some have oil filter on top and some do not which is best and what type of oil should I put in it?

Comment

So you still have the drum brakes?
          Yes, drum brakes.

Comment

Just got my production order on the 61 Champ. Someone put in a 289 and auto transmissionClick image for larger version

Name:	Production order 61 Champ.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	1712382

Comment

I notice some have oil filter on top and some do not which is best and what type of oil should I put in it?
              You can add a Fram F3 or F4 Canister Type Oil Filter to the Oil Filler Pipe, they take a C3 or C4 Element.
              OR, add the Newer type Studebaker Base and Bracket that uses the spin-on PB-50 Fram or replacement Brand throwaway Filter.

There are HUNDREDS of Posts here about Oil, some use the Valvoline Silver bottle Racing Oil with the proper amounts of ZDDP for all flat tappet Engines.

Some use an additive like Redline "Break-in additive" or ZDDPlus to their regular Good Brand of 10/30 or Heavier Oil, depending on Season and Climate as always.

Always avoid the "New Car" multi-weights that contain 0, or 5 Wt.
              StudeRich

Comment

6E5-131511 - 112 WB - T4 cab - for sale on Craigslist, March 2017

Climitizer, overdrive, aftermarket AC

Last edited by 62champ; 08-13-2017, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Poor little Six, it had a LOT of work to do pulling all that, at least it is a Short Bed.
                  StudeRich

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                    Poor little Six, it had a LOT of work to do pulling all that, at least it is a Short Bed.
                    True - it would probably be a matter of deciding whether you would want to put a something in the bed or run the AC - both at the same time might be impossible...

Comment

6E5-130772 - 112 WB - T4 cab - for sale on Ebay, June 2017.

Looks like the body might be about the only thing that remains Studebaker...

Last edited by 62champ; 08-13-2017, 04:17 PM.

Comment

It WAS a 6 Cyl. but at least on a Stude. Truck unlike the Cars there is no Brake, Suspension, Differential etc. difference from a V8.

That could be a fun Streetrod for those that are into that. I think it looks good except the Interior.

I have to wonder what that silver material is covering the Rear Window Weatherstrip? Looks pretty good.
                        StudeRich

Comment

6E7-14384 - 122 WB - T6 cab - for sale on Ebay and elsewhere, June 2017

Climitizer, radio, AC, dual outside mirrors, lighter - other vehicle tail lights and 7E-8E front fender chrome molding.

Last edited by 62champ; 08-02-2017, 06:22 PM.

Comment

# 87 is listed as a '61 so I am curious why the front fender stainless trim is wrong for that year. It should jog up a little as it runs from the front of the fender to the door rather that be straight.
                            Ed Sallia
                            Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
                              # 87 is listed as a '61 so I am curious why the front fender stainless trim is wrong for that year. It should jog up a little as it runs from the front of the fender to the door rather that be straight.
                              Yep - you are correct - truck below is correct for '61. 5E, 7E, 8E and 1959/60 Larks essentially had the chrome in the same place - and there are a lot more of those fenders around than '61s...
                              Last edited by 62champ; 08-13-2017, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Looks like a Major IMPROVEMENT to me.

But the "Champ" Nameplate belongs level with the Moulding.

Geeze, will the WRONG Heater hookups NEVER End?
                                These are getting to be more common than wrong or missing Battery Hold Downs!
                                Last edited by StudeRich; 06-19-2017, 12:05 PM.
                                StudeRich

Comment

Working...
                                X