• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62champ
    replied
    6E7-15939 - 112 WB - T6 cab - Hackenberger auction in Ohio, July 2017

radio, climitizer, and lighter.

Last edited by 62champ; 07-03-2017, 06:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    I checked all of your '60 Champ Registry photos looking for a cab Roof that actually SHOWS the THREE indentations and because of the shadow of the canted overhang, lighting and lack of being zoomed in tight none really SHOW those indentations.
    I also do not see them in the '60 & '61 of yours here either.

This is the best Pic I found, still poor.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1960 Roof.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	183.9 KB
ID:	1714129 After the 3rd. click enlargement you CAN see them!
    Last edited by StudeRich; 06-20-2017, 11:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 62champ
    replied
    StudeRich - I thought you might want to comment on the rear roof indentations on 14384. First 6E7 was 13801. Is this another case of using the press until it wears out and not making another...

Just checked and this seems to be true on the earliest 6E5 in the registry as well - First E5 was 129601 - this truck is 129928...

Last edited by 62champ; 06-20-2017, 11:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Looks like a Major IMPROVEMENT to me.

But the "Champ" Nameplate belongs level with the Moulding.

Geeze, will the WRONG Heater hookups NEVER End?
    These are getting to be more common than wrong or missing Battery Hold Downs!
    Last edited by StudeRich; 06-19-2017, 12:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 62champ
    replied
    Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
    # 87 is listed as a '61 so I am curious why the front fender stainless trim is wrong for that year. It should jog up a little as it runs from the front of the fender to the door rather that be straight.
    Yep - you are correct - truck below is correct for '61. 5E, 7E, 8E and 1959/60 Larks essentially had the chrome in the same place - and there are a lot more of those fenders around than '61s...
    Last edited by 62champ; 08-13-2017, 04:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Commander Eddie
    replied
    # 87 is listed as a '61 so I am curious why the front fender stainless trim is wrong for that year. It should jog up a little as it runs from the front of the fender to the door rather that be straight.

Leave a comment:

• 62champ
    replied
    6E7-14384 - 122 WB - T6 cab - for sale on Ebay and elsewhere, June 2017

Climitizer, radio, AC, dual outside mirrors, lighter - other vehicle tail lights and 7E-8E front fender chrome molding.

Last edited by 62champ; 08-02-2017, 06:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    It WAS a 6 Cyl. but at least on a Stude. Truck unlike the Cars there is no Brake, Suspension, Differential etc. difference from a V8.

That could be a fun Streetrod for those that are into that. I think it looks good except the Interior.

I have to wonder what that silver material is covering the Rear Window Weatherstrip? Looks pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• 62champ
    replied
    6E5-130772 - 112 WB - T4 cab - for sale on Ebay, June 2017.

Looks like the body might be about the only thing that remains Studebaker...

Last edited by 62champ; 08-13-2017, 04:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 62champ
    replied
    Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
    Poor little Six, it had a LOT of work to do pulling all that, at least it is a Short Bed.
    True - it would probably be a matter of deciding whether you would want to put a something in the bed or run the AC - both at the same time might be impossible...

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Poor little Six, it had a LOT of work to do pulling all that, at least it is a Short Bed.

Leave a comment:

• 62champ
    replied
    6E5-131511 - 112 WB - T4 cab - for sale on Craigslist, March 2017

Climitizer, overdrive, aftermarket AC

Last edited by 62champ; 08-13-2017, 10:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Originally posted by WLB View Post
    I notice some have oil filter on top and some do not which is best and what type of oil should I put in it?
    You can add a Fram F3 or F4 Canister Type Oil Filter to the Oil Filler Pipe, they take a C3 or C4 Element.
    OR, add the Newer type Studebaker Base and Bracket that uses the spin-on PB-50 Fram or replacement Brand throwaway Filter.

There are HUNDREDS of Posts here about Oil, some use the Valvoline Silver bottle Racing Oil with the proper amounts of ZDDP for all flat tappet Engines.

Some use an additive like Redline "Break-in additive" or ZDDPlus to their regular Good Brand of 10/30 or Heavier Oil, depending on Season and Climate as always.

Always avoid the "New Car" multi-weights that contain 0, or 5 Wt.

Leave a comment:

• WLB
    replied
    Just got my production order on the 61 Champ. Someone put in a 289 and auto transmissionClick image for larger version

Name:	Production order 61 Champ.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	1712382

Leave a comment:

• 63r2
    replied
    Originally posted by WLB View Post
    So you still have the drum brakes?
    Yes, drum brakes.

Leave a comment:

Working...