Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren Webb
    replied
    It's too short for my taste. It appears they took the back end of a 4 door for the bed, so just about the whole section that the rear door fit is gone. I agree with Frank in that this would make a front heavy car REALLY front heavy!! How would it handle on sudden braking? I wouldn't want to be the one to find out.

Leave a comment:

• 52-fan
    replied
    It's cute, but the wing would have to go.

Leave a comment:

• Nox
    replied
    I would paint it baby-blue, throw the wing away, put a cover on the bed & a full-wide rear end on so it didn't have to look as it need a toilet badly... then I would DRIVE it!

Leave a comment:

• 2R5
    replied
    Originally posted by studelark View Post
    Well, I'm not crazy about anything concerning this vehicle (it certainly can't be called a Studebaker-even the owner doesn't call it as such). This thing would have to be a bear on the road. It seems so unbalanced. It might be OK on a track. JOMO.

Frank Drumheller
    Locust Grove, VA
    60S-W6
    M16-52 '48 Boyer-bodied fire truck
    Have to agree with Frank

Leave a comment:

• studelark
    replied
    Well, I'm not crazy about anything concerning this vehicle (it certainly can't be called a Studebaker-even the owner doesn't call it as such). This thing would have to be a bear on the road. It seems so unbalanced. It might be OK on a track. JOMO.

Frank Drumheller
    Locust Grove, VA
    60S-W6
    M16-52 '48 Boyer-bodied fire truck

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Mentioned here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...hing-different

Craig

Leave a comment:

• Chris Pile
    replied
    That's not "an exposed plastic gas tank". It's a racing fuel cell, and it's safer than a stock tank.

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    started a topic interesting custom Champ (?)

interesting custom Champ (?)

Now, most of you know by now that I'm generally not fond of 'customs' that butcher a car. In this case though, the customizer has done a superb job.
    http://redding.craigslist.org/cto/4632251470.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	00J0J_lA0RNafnQNx_600x450.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	1744570Click image for larger version

Name:	00t0t_fvwLrcwCIaz_600x450.jpg
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	1744571Click image for larger version

Name:	00r0r_hve9do5NPZS_600x450.jpg
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	1744573Click image for larger version

Name:	00j0j_fy4BNUjDgDI_600x450.jpg
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	1744572

There are many more pics on the site referenced above. I'm not crazy about the exposed, plastic gas tank... Not to mention the Mopar powertrain. Other than that, a superb job! If it looks as good in person as in the pics, likely he will get his twelve grand asking price.
Working...
X