Hybrid Supercharger System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hybrid Supercharger System

Just day dreaming...Has anyone used a four barrel intake and carb with the Golden Hawk supercharger system?
    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Check out post #7 in the thread below.

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...l=1#post861302

Comment

Haven't made this mod myself, but by rotating the scroll housing of the supercharger 180', an R2 Hawk-Lark four barrel setup should squeeze in fairly well. (Air filter aside!) (McCulloch style blower)
      Attached Files

Comment

Yes, here's a pic...

I believe the car sold at York in 2013

64 GT Hawk (K7)
        1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Originally posted by 64V-K7 View Post
          I believe the car sold at York in 2013

Not really!....The setup on this Stude utilizes a later Hawk-Lark R2 type blower mount....Not the earlier '57 -'58 Golden Hawk type.

Comment

Ed George put a Golden Hawk mount on his '60 Lark convt but used a Paxton and a 4bbl.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Daytona View Post
              Ed George put a Golden Hawk mount on his '60 Lark convt but used a Paxton and a 4bbl.
              Using the earlier GH mount is definitely more of a challenge...as it's considerably higher than the later R2 type. (Nice looking kitty!)

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                Not really!....The setup on this Stude utilizes a later Hawk-Lark R2 type blower mount....Not the earlier '57 -'58 Golden Hawk type.
                You're right, I saw the 2 bolt thermostat after posting...
                64 GT Hawk (K7)
                1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Originally posted by 64V-K7 View Post
                  You're right, I saw the 2 bolt thermostat after posting...
                  It's really too bad Studebaker didn't have time to manufacture more of the 'late style' blower brackets....If they did, we would probably see many more Paxton-McCulloch superchargers on the early C/K's....and later Larks for that matter!

Comment

I don't have a picture but was wondering the same thing at the international meet this year as I eyed a golden hawk supercharger mount in the vendor area knowing I have a Mcculloch at home. Just so happened there was 1 car, a bullet nose if I remember correctly, that did have a Golden Hawk set up with the Mcculloch blower feeding a 4 bbl.

I wend right back in and picked up the GH bracketry.

Comment

The 'holy grail' find would probably be the factory McCulloch kit to fit the '55 Studebaker Speedsters & Presidents....Completely different from the later factory Stude setups....It involves a 'sectioned' water pump, two top radiator inlets, two cylinder head water outlet adapters, and a sealed Carter WCFB type '55 carb with an early style cast aluminum air bonnet. VERY rare stuff indeed!

Comment

Working...
                      X